K member measurements

-
if its too expensive for you , then you need to stick with your garage full of chevy parts , sell the barracuda to someone who will have a little more respect for it and give the resto it deserves instead of hacking it up for some lame ls motor.

chevy power in a mopar is ghey

I like the way the car looks a lot thats why i bought it in the first place and i was planning on doing a 340 build for it but its just to expensive for what i want out of it i wasnt planning on hacking anything up

I like the way the car looks a lot thats why i bought it in the first place and i was planning on doing a 340 build for it but its just to expensive for what i want out of it i wasnt planning on hacking anything up

That is why you use all GM parts because they can be modified to fit.

To start with you need a Chevrolet sub-frame because it is a lot easier to modify it to the Barracuda. That eliminates the clearence issues.

what is the chevy sub frame out of or does someone make one i had to buy a k member to do the fox body i dont mind doing something like that it saved me a bunch of time

you may like the way it looks, but you have no respect for what it is

its your ride man do what you want

you came to the wrong place for much , if any , encouragement

there are a hundred threads here on how to build a kick-*** 340 on a budget that will kill that chevy power

what is the chevy sub frame out of or does someone make one i had to buy a k member to do the fox body i dont mind doing something like that it saved me a bunch of time

Camaro, Ventura, Nova, Cutlass, Regal and all of those GM cars. Look on eBay for sub frame. In Califorina you should be able to pick up one cheap at the pick and pull yards.

you may like the way it looks, but you have no respect for what it is

its your ride man do what you want

you came to the wrong place for much , if any , encouragement

there are a hundred threads here on how to build a kick-*** 340 on a budget that will kill that chevy power

i was trying to find any info on it all around but it seems like no one does any kind of other swaps besides mopar engines.

Camaro, Ventura, Nova, Cutlass, Regal and all of those GM cars. Look on eBay for sub frame. In Califorina you should be able to pick up one cheap at the pick and pull yards.

oh you mean like cut out the factory one and just make the chevy one work? damn thats a lot work lol

Yeah, you're right, that 340's a piece of sh1t, go ahead and send it out to me, I'll cover the shipping....:cheers:

They are ok but the 68 Barracuda has that small bolt pattern rear end that is very hard and expensive to find wheels for. The brake drums for the 68 are also obsolete. Just like the engine it costs a small fortune to get it up dated.

oh ok makes since i heard something about it being a different bolt patter.. Thanks for your help man.. do you know anything about switching the steering to rack and pinion is that like a common thing to do to get more clearance?

oh ok makes since i heard something about it being a different bolt patter.. Thanks for your help man.. do you know anything about switching the steering to rack and pinion is that like a common thing to do to get more clearance?

You would have to check with the gm forums on that one because I have no clue.

The wheels are 5 bolt with 4 inch bolt pattern on the Barracuda. The last car the came off the line with that pattern was 1976 and then it had to be a drum brake car. Most 73 to 76's were disc brake cars and used the big bolt pattern. 72 back all the a bodies had the small bolt wheels.

-
Back