K member measurements

-
Man,I looked at the 1st post,and backed out.These threads are always a fiasco.

ok so looks like i need to do a new front end on it thank you for those who helped me out much appreciated. to the rest of you who posted, i wasnt trying to start anything i was just asking simple questions and you need to take this whole mopar only thing down a notch, i was looking through some posts and you guys actually blasted a guy for asking for pics about painting the engine bay black, that is just insane.

exactly my point i dont want to put atleast 6k into a motor if i dont have to i dont want to start the project until i get everything in order.
Ok I under stand that But it will save you money in the long run sell the 340 .. Get you a running 318 from a truck off CL .. Should run ya bout 500 bucks make sure you can hear it run . But for the love of god dont put the chevy in it . If i had a 340 laying around i would sell that Mother Fu##er and buy arunning 318 to put in it if i wanted to get one of my cars running now

Ok I under stand that But it will save you money in the long run sell the 340 .. Get you a running 318 from a truck off CL .. Should run ya bout 500 bucks make sure you can hear it run . But for the love of god dont put the chevy in it . If i had a 340 laying around i would sell that Mother Fu##er and buy arunning 318 to put in it if i wanted to get one of my cars running now

why would i want a junkyard 318 when i can have a 243 headed 6.0 it doesnt make any since i was planning on selling the 340 and use the cash for other things.

Someone will want the Cuda.Trade it,sell it .Buy ,or trade for a Camaro or Chevelle.Then ,that LS becomes a bolt in.They make mounts,headers,and it bolts to Th350/400 trans.Chevrolet even has the adaptation parts to fit.You will spend more time beating your head to fit it in a Mopar.

Someone will want the Cuda.Trade it,sell it .Buy ,or trade for a Camaro or Chevelle.Then ,that LS becomes a bolt in.They make mounts,headers,and it bolts to Th350/400 trans.Chevrolet even has the adaptation parts to fit.You will spend more time beating your head to fit it in a Mopar.
What he said .. If its a true 340 car then your F##king up a car that Us mopar guys want ... the car will be junk to any true mopar guy . In turn resell is gone bud You really are not a mopar guy i can tell . But think bout what your doing . You have offers in this thread to buy the car Before you hack it up . I would talk to a few of them buy a chevy and toss your motor in and go ..

OK- using what you have is what got the hobby started- just hope you realize that when you're done with it (no matter how well it's done) if you ever need to find it a new home you'll have to GIVE it away... Mopar guys won't touch it because of the LS; and GM guys won't touch it because of the better wrapper.
You can put anything into anything with enough time and money thrown at it, but it seems to me it'd be time way ahead to just LS something from GM. JMHO

Yes, it's your car & you can do what you like. Yes, I'm sure the Fox guys were more than helpful with your other project.

You're probably shocked by how many people here want to rip you a new one. What you don't seem to understand is how rare these cars are. Ford made more V8 Mustangs in 1986 than Plymouth made Barracudas (67-69) (sixes & V8s). An original 340 car is very rare indeed.

If one of your buddies told you he had a 69 Z-28 & wanted to drop a Ford 351 in it, would you think that was a good idea. If you insist on doing this project, at least find someone to swap your 340 car with for a lesser model of Barracuda.

I understand that you don't have a lot of funds & that it costs a pile of cash to build a 340, but once you've butchered up this car it stays butchered. There's no going back.

Hey wait a minute guy's.He only wants to save some money-show him how to put a Ford rear in it and maybe a chevy overdrive trans,a mustang two front suspension,maybe a few Taiwan/chinese/Korean aftermarket parts and as long as he don't open the hood,It will look just like yours-problem solved!!!!

don't do it * man * don't hack up a notch-back sell it i'll trade a 84 cutless w/307 for it strait across . you need a gm product !!!

Attachments

• 1984 cutlas 003.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 272
you may like the way it looks, but you have no respect for what it is

its your ride man do what you want

you came to the wrong place for much , if any , encouragement

there are a hundred threads here on how to build a kick-*** 340 on a budget that will kill that chevy power

Actually the chebby LS is a better foundation for big HP than the little Mopar SB (on the carb, not blown) and a whole lot cheaper to build... but who would do such a thing as put one in a Mopar? Get a Nova, or a Mazda RX-8 and drop that LS into it instead. Hell, they have even put LS engines in 911 Porsches. Leave that fish alone!

btw the gutless is a notch back too? this guy has a screw loose (for real)

Attachments

• 1984 cutlas 002.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 250
you need to take this whole mopar only thing down a notch, i was looking through some posts and you guys actually blasted a guy for asking for pics about painting the engine bay black, that is just insane.

you need to throw the whole idea out the window. take it down a notch? you have no clue what these cars really stand for and what they mean to us. thay arent making them anymore. its only original once.
coming from a chevy guy, im sure your engine bay will be black too.

you need to throw the whole idea out the window. take it down a notch? you have no clue what these cars really stand for and what they mean to us. thay arent making them anymore. its only original once.
coming from a chevy guy, im sure your engine bay will be black too.

I knew it only be a matter of time before this thread went SIDEWAYS!!

sideways_poster_042005.jpg

No this is great!!!This guy just wants to save some money too!He could build some valve covers that read mopar performance and fit a chevy-a little bit of enginuity but it would work,maybe a six pack breather,who would know???All about saving money-yes?

-
Back