K member measurements

-
All bs aside, at least from me.......your car do what you want. I am one of the guys that another member took a swing at a few posts earlier. GM OD and a 9". Thing is, I am able to admit that Mopar does not have what I need, as far as a trans. If Mopar had made an electronically controlled OD that would live behind a big block then I would have not strayed. Simple as that. And a 9", well I have a whole $75 into a brand new housing complete with a Currie 9+ center piece. Get me a brand new DANA 60 housing, which aint really a Mopar part anyway as "back in the day" it was also under Ford and at least 1 GM product, and I would have used it. Hell, look at all the old Broncos, Dana 20 t-cases, D 30 or 44 axles.....anyway, don't let a bunch of rabid Mopar freaks steer you away from doing what you want to do. There was a link to an a-body for sale with a SBC in it not to long ago. Might want to check in the classifieds for it.....

I loved the movie Sideways! They filmed that in my backyard,Santa Ynez,Lompoc/Buellton.Funny as hell.

Well I think this is all a big *** joke . I aint seen a car yet .. I think this was just to get us all pissed lmao Im calling the BS flag on this thread . Intell i see the cuda !

Perhaps maybe your intent with the vehicle should've been stated from the onset. Are you building a budget bracket racer, a pro road race car or what? There's some instances where I could get behind a project like this, but it all depends on why. You say you've built a couple of other cars before. What happened to them?

You kinda need to understand that this forum is for the Mopar faithful. We truly love these cars, the heritage and the history. We've proven that these cars can run with the best anyone has to offer. Period. I wouldn't be far off from saying that most folks here believe these cars have a heart and soul. Sure, we can swap in parts from other manufacturers, but the reasons are valid, not just 'cuz. I guarantee that if doing any of this was cheap or easy, this forum wouldn't have 20,000 plus members.

Consider that when you reread this thread and the replies and opinions that are given.

Before you pass my post off as more fanatical ramblings, know that I am one of the leading installers of the LS engine in the hotrod industry. GM performance does know me by name. I am even collecting parts for a vortec swap into my Jeep, but I have a goal that can't be acheived by stock factory parts.

I have a goal that can't be acheived by stock factory parts.
This IS the very reason some of us use gm od transmissions. For the life of me I do not understand why some folks have such an issue with it....If Mopar had something that would have filled the bill my car would not be set up for a 4l80e.....

Joke or not I think it's a bunch of bull ****!

This IS the very reason some of us use gm od transmissions. For the life of me I do not understand why some folks have such an issue with it....If Mopar had something that would have filled the bill my car would not be set up for a 4l80e.....

Same applies to pretty much any current 5spd manual trans, rear disc brake conversions or a variety of other things I don't know about or can't remember.

I have a 68 notch cuda... I was planning on doing a chevy ls swap in it for good power and decent mpg.
WHO SAID THAT?!!..:angry5:
WHO THE F#CK SAID THAT?.. WHO'S THE COMMUNIST SH*T TWINKLE TOE C*#K $UCKER WHO JUST SIGNED HIS OWN F#CKING DEATH WARRANT?!! :cussing:

-
Back