k member question

-

dusterboyy440

Reaction score
Does those rods that the lower control arms go onto come out? if so then how?? and where can i get a set of new ones?

999.JPG

there is a nut on the threaded end of those.. the end your pointing to are pressed into the lower control arm bushings.

When I was shopping for lower control arm bushings, every supplier said that you must re-use all the metal hardware. So to my knowledge, I dont think anyone is making new ones.

o i c because i messed them up a little bit trying to remove the control arms

I need the attaching nuts/washers to install the lower control arm to the K member. I bought my car in a hundred pieces, and these nuts weren't with the car.
Does anyone know where I can buy a set? I don't know if washers are used or not, nor do I know what the nuts look like; lock nuts, hex nuts, etc.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

George
69 Dart Swinger 340

Dusterboy, I just removed the K-member off my Swinger last week. I just removed the large bolt and it came out with the lower control arm, easily. Does that mean mine are bad since they came right out. or does that mean my bushings are not to far gone?
I do have a 73 parts car with a /6 k-member and as long as I can take the nuts off and still roll the car around I could get rid of them. George I can take a pics of the nuts (not mine) and the very large flat washer. it is also about 3/16 thick. So PM me your e-mail and I will send you a pics later tonight.

Thanks Jeff--
Email is [email protected]

I might have a lead on a couple of these nuts from another member.
Thanks for the offer! If he can't get a set to me, I'll let you know?

Merry Christmas, and thanks for the generous offer.

George

-
Back