k1 stroker cranks

-

35regal

Reaction score
anyone runnig a small block stroker k1 techologies crankshaft? scat is out of stock, ohio crank is out , of there 340 4 inch stoker cranks.

I'm building a motor with one now, not done but the crank is a nice piece. I ended up using the clevite 540-x bearings for a little more oil clearance

I dont get the big deal with K1 cranks. The eagle cranks are good for 1500 hp and are less money,so can someone tell me whats the big deal with K1?

Well some people have had problems with the Eagle cranks. K1 is supposed to be a better crank. Flatlander racing sells the K1 for $689. Bloomer Performance buys his cranks from the same company that K1 does and he sells his for $629. I bought Bloomers crank, had it checked and balanced, I don't have the engine together yet though.

Bloomer huh? Granny panties? Lol....Same crank as the K1 but different brand I guess

It does answere my question about eagle cranks.

I hear nothing but good things about K1. They are supposed to be a step up above Scat and Scat makes good cranks. I see threads out there showing the Eagle cast cranks cracking so personally I would not use one.

Take it to a shop and get it looked over before you assemble.

rpm machine is out of scat, they have eagle , ohio crank is out of 340 steel also, i havent heard if cambell has them in stock.. i didnt expect i was going to have to peice togther a stroker kit, my other obstickle is that its a 4.080 bore

Have you contacted user ou812? Send him a PM. He sells stroker kits and usually has a few sitting on the shelf. And he is a straight shooter too, good guy to deal with.

anyone runnig a small block stroker k1 techologies crankshaft? scat is out of stock, ohio crank is out , of there 340 4 inch stoker cranks.

I've got a kit in stock from Scat, and I'm a K1 dealer now also. PM me if you need some prices...
Brian

I have a K1 crankshaft in my 427 inch small block. Should be an article in Mopar Muscle in the next month or two that covers the short block.

:cheers:Thanks Andy I'll look for it, why get the 4" crank when you could go 4.125"

:cheers:Thanks Andy I'll look for it, why get the 4" crank when you could go 4.125"

Does the even longer stroke require custom pistons or a shorter rod?!?

I can't wait for the article to come out! :cheers:

Custom pistons. Not hard to get but more expensive than shelf stock. I just paid $105 each for custom Wisecos for my build because I need really deep valve reliefs that would include a -20cc reverse dome to keep the compression just under 12.5:1.

I used the 4.125 stroke crank from K1 and a set of their 6.200 long small journal Chevy connecting rods. The pistons are semi-custom which isn't really a big deal these days. Most racing pistons are going to be custom anyway. I just needed the pin location changed in the piston, everything else is basically the same as a shelf piston.

The 4.125 stroke fit fine in my block but that small rod journals help. The small journals also help with the balancing. I had to turn the big counterweights down a bit in order to balance the assembly. With some of the cheaper cranks you have to add weight to the crank and that can really get expensive.

The finish and quality of the k1 amc stuff is very nice,I cant say about mopar persoanlly but I would assume its on the same level.

-
Back