KB 107 install?

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
I am interested in getting some flat tops and was wondering if I got just the pistons would I be alright or do I need to get new rods as well?

Should work with stock or aftermarket rods. If reconditioning stock rods is in the works, you may want to consider entry level I-beams as the cost difference is almost a wash. Aftermarket rods will be lighter and stronger as well. The whole thing will need balanced anyway.

I am interested in getting some flat tops and was wondering if I got just the pistons would I be alright or do I need to get new rods as well?

I assume because you are looking at that piston that this is a street/moderate str. strip build. If you have stock rods out of a running engine, (not damaged), just have the shop recondition them and use some good bolts. Stock mopar rods are very good and unless you plan to boost big or make some crazy power, they'll be fine.

Skrews makes a good point regarding cost......Definately something to consider.

Should work with stock or aftermarket rods. If reconditioning stock rods is in the works, you may want to consider entry level I-beams as the cost difference is almost a wash. Aftermarket rods will be lighter and stronger as well. The whole thing will need balanced anyway.
This is something ive been wondering about myself. We all know the factory mopar forgings, compared to other brands, are superb in strength and material that theyre made from, and the newer Eagle products may or may not even be made in USA of unknown materials. Soooo, cost being equal, which rods would be better in the end? New, untested-in-your-engine Eagle rods, or resized, reconditioned stock rods with ARP bolts?

are you going over bore or std???? I ask cause if you are going std. I can save you a few dollars on some of those pistons.. I have I think 5 will let go cheap don't need anymore went big block so all my small block stuff is going or gone..

I feel dumb asking this but does STD mean stock displacement. I don
t plan on boring it out any time soon. I am not ready to buy them yet just becuase I have been in school all fall and am a little short on cash.

I assume because you are looking at that piston that this is a street/moderate str. strip build. If you have stock rods out of a running engine, (not damaged), just have the shop recondition them and use some good bolts. Stock mopar rods are very good and unless you plan to boost big or make some crazy power, they'll be fine.
I totally agree and are superior to most low cost aftermarkets !!

-
Back