KELSEY HAYES PROPORTIONING VALVE KIT SOURCE

-
Its not like its easily adjustable like the aftermarket ones with a knob.

Here's a discussion about which cars it came on.
Kelsey Hayes Brake Bias Adjuster - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Note that does not indicate these cars came with the K-H 4 piston calipers. Just that they came with this prop valve made by K-H.

Appears that article has things to do with a "RACE CAR" and nothing to do about with an assembly line, street driven, automobile.
Some RACER doing his best in MODIFYING a valve to suit his racing needs.

Last edited:
I believe that is a Proportioning Valve for an early J-56 brake system that came out on the C-2 corvette. My 66 has that option.
-----------------
that appears to be a Corvette J-56 proportioning valve....66-67 Corvettes with J-56, came with that valve, and maybe 68's, but 69 J-56 cars did not use it.

Those are quotes from the linked thread.
Clearly at least some Corvette owners believe that proportioning valve came from the factory - and yes for street use.

Last edited:
Hi Folks

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a K/H proportioning valve re-build kit, or a new one. I have the original set-up on my 1971 Demon.

Thanks
Can you post a picture of the one you have? I've rebuilt one that I bought off the forum with no issues. I used the kit from Muscle Car research, he sells different kits.

Can you post a picture of the one you have? I've rebuilt one that I bought off the forum with no issues. I used the kit from Muscle Car research, he sells different kits.
See post #8.
He already replied, that he has the one pictured in my reply.

Yup......A Weatherhead unit. Bought a couple of kits. Thanks for everyone's input. Hopefully my core is serviceable, or else I'll be looking for one of those here lol. I am planning on running silicone brake fluid since my build is totally dry.

Ok got it, the OP wasn't asking about the adjustable valve, just his OEM distribution block/valve assy. I guess mvh's mustang reference steered me off course.
Anyway my sources do claim mustangs and others were equipped with the valve shown in the pic you posted. It is adjustable and was placed in the line leading to the rear brakes. I'm not sure its visible when looking under the hood.
Anybody see anything "Adjustable" on an early Ford brake, proportioning valve?
Car manufacturer's didn't put anything like that on ANY of their cars.
Can you imagine some Bozo, messing around with something adjustable, on their car, and then getting into a wreck, with no brakes.
Car manufacturers didn't use anything like that, at all.

View attachment 1715705241

Well, suit yourself.
Tried to help, with my reply.
All that i can tell you is, others have bought that "kit" used it, and didn't have any difficulties with it.
That's how i saved the link, in my computers files.
There have been many, numerous threads about your issue, in the past, so maybe do a search and see what comes up.

No such thing as an "adjustable" proportioning valve on any of the A body line of cars, so i haven't got a clue what your talking about.

If you do have a 71, and then the "factory" valve will be this one.
And this valve was used from 70-76 on the A body line of cars.
And i had lots of them in the past, that i used to put up for sale, on this site.
So i think i know about these valves.

View attachment 1715704157

View attachment 1715704260
It's all good, Jim. They don't know your experience and depth of knowledge. I do, and respect it. Prayers from a fellow Veteran. Paul.

Got my kit and it went together awesome. Great online support from Muscle Car Research. I had trouble getting the small piston out, but I rigged up a couple of fittings for my grease gun and hydraulically pushed it out. Took a while to clean it out spic and span but all in all it worked out good. Thanks.

Got my kit and it went together awesome. Great online support from Muscle Car Research. I had trouble getting the small piston out, but I rigged up a couple of fittings for my grease gun and hydraulically pushed it out. Took a while to clean it out spic and span but all in all it worked out good. Thanks.
:thumbsup:

Pat On The Back.jpg

-
Back