Kelsey Hayes replacement rotors question

-

273commando

Reaction score
Hi - I have obtained new brake rotors for my 69 Dart kelsey Hayes disk brakes.The problem is the diameter of the replacement rotor is slightly larger than to factory rotor so the rotor doesn't sit tight on the hub, even with the wheelstuds pressed in. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this situation and how to correct it? Would prefer OEM rotors but hard to come by.
Please advise,THanks Chris

following. did not have this issue when rebuilding my KH brakes last year... The problem many have encountered is the "hat" rubbing the caliper piston seal.

Hi - I have obtained new brake rotors for my 69 Dart kelsey Hayes disk brakes.The problem is the diameter of the replacement rotor is slightly larger than to factory rotor so the rotor doesn't sit tight on the hub, even with the wheelstuds pressed in. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this situation and how to correct it? Would prefer OEM rotors but hard to come by.
Please advise,THanks Chris

Are you saying the center register is bigger, or that the replacement rotor doesn’t go down flat on the hub?

I have had to slightly counter sink the back of rotors so it fits over the stud swedges.
And I have gotten centric rings that take up the space between the rim center and a smaller hub.

the issue is the diameter of the chinese rotor is too large so there is no way to centre it on the hub without some sort of shim/shimstock..what exactly is a "centric ring"?

Are you trying to put the rotor on the wheel side of the hub?

The disk is held to the back side of the hub by the lug studs
Screenshot_20240503-232348.png

Screenshot_20240503-232704.png

This is not the KH but it shows what I'm talking about
Screenshot_20240503-232748.png

You can not take off the disk without removing the studs.

Do you have a drum brake hub?

Last edited:
-
Back