Kenny Bernstein Announces Retirement From Drag Racing

-
Budweiser and Bernstein was a great combo for so long. I wondered how long he would last once Bud got out of NHRA sponsorship. His son is carrying the family torch.

Look at the bright side. At least he will get to eat some decent food instead of Giant Turkey Leg, Giant Block of French Fries, Giant Funnel Cake, and other NHRA "food".

Well, he's 67. Maybe he doesn't want to risk losing his eyesight from detached retinas like Big Daddy.

Sad to see him go,I grew up watching him as a kid.Between his driving,and Armstrongs engineering,technology flew in the 80s and 90s in Funny Car.

Sad to see him go from drag racing but I wish him the best with his retirement. He is a super nice guy. I sat down and talked to him for quite a while at a Mac Tool Convention. He and Joe Amato were there that year. I believe it was in Nashville. Mac has sponsored him for years and I hope we keep the $'s coming.
Brandon is doing well and will fill dad's shoes just fine. They have always been a class act. tmm

Well, he's 67. Maybe he doesn't want to risk losing his eyesight from detached retinas like Big Daddy.
And his hearing SS, But the last time I talked to Kenny in Memphis he had no problem hearing me talk, Don's hearing is hurt real bad :coffee2:
Don burnt his fingers at Memphis and as he was walking to the trailer I walked up to him and asked if he still had his home in Sefner Florida near Dover and his worker/friend walking with him motioned me to go around the fence and said to talk up, Don said to follow him to his tailor and we got caught up as I had to yell to talk to him.
Enjoy your retirement Kenny Bernstein and tie your flies tight :cheers:

Sad he's retiring but I'm glad to see he's going to enjoy the time he has left.

-
Back