Status
Not open for further replies.

drugster

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi:
Looking for a place to buy a M302 kevko oil pan, already call directly to kevko and they say is out of stock, not to be available until 2 or 3 weeks; call to almost all the distributors they have and nobody have it!!!
Does anybody knows where can i buy one?!

Hi:
Looking for a place to buy a M302 kevko oil pan, already call directly to kevko and they say is out of stock, not to be available until 2 or 3 weeks; call to almost all the distributors they have and nobody have it!!!
Does anybody knows where can i buy one?!

I'd give Mike a call at MRL. I don't know if he's what you'd call a dealer but he uses Kevko pans on a lot of the engines he builds. He may have some in stock.

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]989-845-1547[/FONT]

http://www.mrlperformance.com/

I just check, that's kmj performance phone, already call them: out of stock

I called KMJ to order the same pan last Friday, they assured me that it was in stock and would ship out that day. I told them to send me an invoice with a shipping number as soon as it ships. I made it perfectly clear that I didn't want them charging my credit card if the pan was back ordered or had to be drop shipped. Well, you can guess what happened. Tuesday morning my credit card was charged, but no confirmation email. I called KMJ yesterday and spoke with the young man I ordered it from and he said that they were out of stock and it would have to be drop shipped from Kevko?!?! They are going to call Kevko today and find out what is going on with the pan. :banghead:

:violent1:
I called KMJ to order the same pan last Friday, they assured me that it was in stock and would ship out that day. I told them to send me an invoice with a shipping number as soon as it ships. I made it perfectly clear that I didn't want them charging my credit card if the pan was back ordered or had to be drop shipped. Well, you can guess what happened. Tuesday morning my credit card was charged, but no confirmation email. I called KMJ yesterday and spoke with the young man I ordered it from and he said that they were out of stock and it would have to be drop shipped from Kevko?!?! They are going to call Kevko today and find out what is going on with the pan. :banghead:

My first call was directly to Kevko, and they say it's not gonna be available until a week or 10 days more:wack:

The kid from KMJ called back today and said that he spoke with someone at Kevko. They are going to start building the pans again next week, and they should be ready to ship out in 7-10 business days. Poor business practice on both companies. You can't tell me that the inventory guy at Kevko didn't notice that model of pan was getting low last month and that they needed to start another run of them?!?

I was pissed at the kid at KMJ because he told me that they had them in stock and that it would ship last Friday. Their eBay auction still shows that they have nine in stock. That's false advertising if you asked me?!? In the meantime, Mastercard has paid them for my pan that's being drop shipped from Kevko in a couple of weeks.

Those business practices do suck. I'd be temped to contact my credit card and tell them that KMJ lied to you and you want a refund, then buy it from KevKo direct.

Sorry I recommended KMJ. I've bought from them a few times with no problem. I guess they must have had the stuff I needed in stock

Those business practices do suck. I'd be temped to contact my credit card and tell them that KMJ lied to you and you want a refund, then buy it from KevKo direct.

Sorry I recommended KMJ. I've bought from them a few times with no problem. I guess they must have had the stuff I needed in stock

No need to be sorry. I saw they had the pans listed on eBay long ago before you even mentioned them. They are cheaper than buying direct from Kevko and have free shipping. My builder won't need a pan for a month I bet!

So I called Kevko today and asked them about the pans? A nice lady named Jean said that they have been making them and that they were all back in paint shop. I asked when did she think they would be shipping and she said tomorrow?!?! She didn't sound very sincere though. I really hate it when people just tell you whatever they think you want to hear so that you'll get off the phone and leave them alone. I'll follow up in a couple days with Jean if my pan doesn't show up.

My pan showed up today as Jean promised! I have to admit, I am impressed. I read other threads that said that some of the welds didn't look that good, or that there was welding slag inside of the pan. I found none of that. Some of the paint had come off in the box, but other than that, it appears to be a quality piece. I'm satisfied.

pan%204_zpsr0xj9s5u.jpg

pan%202_zpsvpac4sdb.jpg

Man, a lot going on inside that pan! What is that on the side of the pan? Is that the "crank scraper"?

Yeah, and it's a sharp sum *****. Cut my finger on it just picking up the pan! There are two gates at the bottom of the pan for oil control. Like I said, I'm impressed.

I just ordered the M301 and pick for my 340 stroker, direct. she said it would be at least a week out. jean was really nice..

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back