kick panel speaker enclosures 67/76 A body

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
There was somebody awhile back that had some prototype kick panels with moulded in speaker enclosures for i think 5&1/4" diameter speakers. The kick panels were a black pebble grain textured panel for 67/76 a body cars.

Anybody remember this thread? Who was making these? How much? Are they available?

Thanks in advance
Matt

Classic industries has em but I think Amazon may have been cheaper. You can also get em for 6" round speakers

I have a set in my Demon, but for the life of me I can't remember from where or even how big the speakers are. Yikes,,,Alzheimer's :-O
I will check in the AM if I have the info handy.

I saw the 4x6 enclosures, and theres some 4" ken harrison enclosures that put the speaker further down in the panel.

There was somebody here on FABO that was making enclosures for round 5.25" speakers. Or at the very least, they made some prototypes that looked pretty good. I think this guy was making convertible trim pieces for 1st gen dodge darts, and this was a second project.

I'd be interested. I think it was the ken harrison ones I got, total cheap piece for way too much $ and I was in serious doubt as to how well they'd fit and hold up. Sent them right back.

So theres the 4x6" ones from.classic auto sound.

And the 4" diameter ken harrison ones.

Based on experience, which ones ended up fitting the best in your opinions?

I have the 4x6" setup in my car. I used them because my experience with 4" speakers is that they are mostly mid to upper range speakers. Not much bass to them. The 4x6" kick panels fit fine but only have about 1/4" behind them before they hit metal behind them. I researched the speakers and picked a shallow mount speaker.
IMHO, either one is a compromise. If you want speakers up front these will work. If you want good sound up front it'll probably need to be custom designed.

-
Back