KICK PANELS W/BUILT IN SPEAKER

-

loganscuda

This/These
Reaction score
Does anyone make kick panels with built in speakers. I have an old Paddok catalog and they had them when they where in business. 67 Barracuda. If anyone have used some how was fittment and speaker quality

Last edited:
I grabbed the one with the speaker already in it from eBay. Decent quality. I don't listen to music in the car much, but it's sounds good enough for me. They have panels with cutouts to use your own speakers too.

67 barracuda kick panel speakers | eBay
Thanks will check them out should have asked if anyone has used any and what they thought in the beginning.

Before I paid that price I would buy a $30 set used from here or Ebay and make your own. I would cut a hole the shape the speaker and reinforce the back of it around the whole with some epoxy and then use the trim that comes with the speaker to cover the hole. Your looking at 50 bucks for both sides depending on how high quality speaker you want.

I cut mine and installed speakers already but the speaker magnets are too thick and push the panels out. So if I’m gonna buy new speakers might as well get them both

I bought the kick panels made for 4x6speakers from Classic. I bought the ones without speakers, because the ones with speakers cost way more than the cost of buying speakers your self. As I understand, the oval speakers have better sound quality than round for similar size.

They look good and sound just ok. They are not big enough to handle a lot of power, but I have 6x9s in the back so it works out ok. My interior is black, so I didn’t have to paint them. The recessed screw holes toward the firewall broke out on mine, so a used a surface washer and a screw.

There is very little room to mount speakers up front, so choices are very limited. Overall, I like them, but wish there was a better solution.

Classic Industries has them. #MA819101 with 4" speakers and MA819102 for the kick panels without speakers. There is #MA1540,41, and 42 as well

I cut mine and installed speakers already but the speaker magnets are too thick and push the panels out. So if I’m gonna buy new speakers might as well get them both

I did the same thing. Big speakers in the kick panel. I ordered an angled spacer ring from eBay that goes between the speaker and the kick panel and kind of points the speaker back towards the passenger compartment instead of straight out at a 90 degree angle. The vent doors only open up about an inch now, but that's the sacrifice of running big speakers.
upload_2018-10-16_6-6-59.png

-
Back