Kindig/Kevin Hart Challenger

-
IMG_5894.gif

As with every builder/fabricator I like some of it and dislike some of it.

If I ever got the chance (money truck stopping at my house) I'd have somebody build a car to my specifications. I would share my wants/desires and listen to their opinions. If we couldn't come to an agreement, we'd part ways.

Well I for one don't like most of these famous tv show shop builds. With the huge wheels and low profile tires and in the weeds stances.....I cannot stand that. It doesn't look right on these older cars, IMO. Their bodies don't flow over the wheels near enough to make it look "right" like some of the later models. I've seen few and far between that didn't look like infected dog butt. This is how "I" like cars to look. I think the stance completely compliments the car.
View attachment 1716184550
Anybody that would alter a 1969 1/2 A12 Roadrunner from original, should have their head examined. :steering:

A12.jpg

Yeah that Challenger's butt ugly looks like the grill come out of a 74 Satellite Sebring I'm not a fan for Resto mods or ruining cars I like day 2 cars and survivors...I'm old school ...Kevin Hart just about killed himself in last car...Cuda/Hellcat conversion...He can't even tell you **** about any car....

Tell me about it! It's the ultimate muscle car and needs nothing!
I just found out my friend has one sitting in storage that he never mentioned before! Probably dusty from sitting, but it's a nice car, he doesn't have crap like I do. I asked him if he ever drives it, and got a disappointed sounding "no".

I just found out my friend has one sitting in storage that he never mentioned before! Probably dusty from sitting, but it's a nice car, he doesn't have crap like I do. I asked him if he ever drives it, and got a disappointed sounding "no".
Dammit!

I don't like most of the cars that these shops do,but after all they don't cost me a thing. I believe in recognizing the talent, skill and time devoted to make these cars look as they do. I also prefer cars with chrome bumpers and trim. I'm not a fan at all of painted bumpers trim.

This is how "I" like cars to look. I think the stance completely compliments the car.

yeah. this.

just slightly lower, and with just a little bit fatter meats. but still on black steelies and bulge-y sidewalls.

if you wanna dump the pipes at the axle or poke 'em out ahead of the rear tire, and throw a clamshell tach on the hood i won't complain.

Well I for one don't like most of these famous tv show shop builds. With the huge wheels and low profile tires and in the weeds stances.....I cannot stand that. It doesn't look right on these older cars, IMO. Their bodies don't flow over the wheels near enough to make it look "right" like some of the later models. I've seen few and far between that didn't look like infected dog butt. This is how "I" like cars to look. I think the stance completely compliments the car.
Wel, Rob, you are right about the stance. My car has headers that go below the steering bar on the driver's side. If I dropped the stance on my car by 2 or 3 inches, I'd be in big trouble. Or I'd be paying $800 for TTI. I like the stance of my 69 barracuda with its 205/70/14s.

yeah. this.

just slightly lower, and with just a little bit fatter meats. but still on black steelies and bulge-y sidewalls.

if you wanna dump the pipes at the axle or poke 'em out ahead of the rear tire, and throw a clamshell tach on the hood i won't complain.
What's funny is that when the 69 1/2 RR and Super Bee 440 6 Pack/Barrels came out, I did not like that wheel treatment. Now I love it. In fact, gloss black is the most popular color when I powder coat steel wheels for people.

What's funny is that when the 69 1/2 RR and Super Bee 440 6 Pack/Barrels came out, I did not like that wheel treatment. Now I love it. In fact, gloss black is the most popular color when I powder coat steel wheels for people.
I like those years of cars too. Myself, for steel wheel color I prefer the wheels to be body color. I'm sure that the gloss black looks awesome, it's just that I'm not a big fan of black.

I like those years of cars too. Myself, for steel wheel color I prefer the wheels to be body color. I'm sure that the gloss black looks awesome, it's just that I'm not a big fan of black.
I like the body color too. Every once in a while, a customer will want some wheels done in Body color. If they don't have any paint left over from when the car was painted, I have a few sources where I can get some paint mixed that is a pretty darn close match. Then I can sand blast the wheels, spray on some primer, do a bit of sanding and then paint them.

so true. about the only rims i like on 2nd gen cudas are torq-thrust D's with the matte centers and only in 15~16" not the mustang bullitt 17/18's. straight up old skool torq-thrusts.

body color steelies are okay, but man there's just something menacing about some underslung black steelies and black walls that give off that 62 polara wedge FO&FO vibe.

Kounts Customs and Kindig should not be spoken in same breath...Kount?? THAT is one *** clown.... BROTHER.

If I had that and felt like tubbing it or putting t-tops in it....I would.
1704310406641.png

I could do this to a hemi Daytona, and wish I had.

1704310461360.png

Make no mistake, if I buy an OEM resto, it's to save money for my build.

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one has redone this car, or returned it to stock.

On the Hart Challenger 2.0, something looks off IMO with the front wheel placement/inset, the faded look interior coloring is strange, and any attempt at a front spoiler would have been successful by the form follows function concept rather that receding chin look.. No matter what, I would have chosen Cuda as the car, you know, what the new Challengers are based on.:D
The craftsmanship is stellar, but do they have high turnover with the staff that actually does the real work?

-
Back