Kindig's molesting a 67 Coronet

-

moparmandan

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What do you think? IDK. I appreciate the skills, but...... Watching the guy recreate the cast rear quarter caps out of sheet metal was interesting.

Two Kindigit cars went across the block for big bucks ('67 Mustang fastback for $275k and a '68 Camaro for $330k) at BJ while I was waiting to see the Big Oak Garage '65 Dart (which went for $107k - I think if they'd done a more mainstream car, they'd have gotten the big bucks like Kindigit). Kindigit got a lot less for a '37 Chevy hot rod.

You can see the Kindigit cars that sold at BJ last week here: Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale AZ Auction – Kindig It

I just watched the first episode. I think that what they are doing to the coronet is awesome, except the low big wheel part. Those guys demonstrate exceptional metal working skills.

I am not a big fan of the huge wheels either. But I do like that show. What is really amazing is that those cars by builders like Kindig and Foose probably cost $500K to build and then sell for half that.

another example of someone singing along with headphones one, expecting the rest of us to know the song?

A customized car isn’t everyone’s cup of soup. I’m just glad the old iron is still on the road. To me, that’s the big win. In some cases, the car could be turned into tuna cans or a 5 or 6 Pirus’s.

I'll be honest, I was worried about the end result of the Coronet as I'm not the biggest fan of the cars that spring from Kindig's mind, but after seeing the completed build, I can admit that I actually like it. Obviously I would like it more as a faithful stock restoration but that's just my taste, and there's lots of those around already so no tears shed for one going under the knife.

As mentioned above, their metal fab skills are amazing and it's interesting to watch the surgery happen... it would be more interesting to know exactly how long some of that work actually took to complete. Modifying the hood alone must have taken that guy a good week to do, if not more. No wonder the bills for the final products are deep into the six-figures... the labour-hour count must be massive!

At the end of the day, it's one more old Mopar resurrected (regardless of your personal opinion of the end result) and that has to be a good thing.

another example of someone singing along with headphones one, expecting the rest of us to know the song?
Seriously, if you don't get what everyone is talking about it's o.k to be quiet and learn. Or leave, lol. Your snowed in and bored, we get it.

and my guess is, if you were impresses you would have posted a pic of the car, maybe a link to the story? but nope, just the interwebs version of flapping your gums
"and my guess is, if you were impresses you"
Your grammar impresses me, lol. Michigan school system?

"and my guess is, if you were impresses you"
Your grammar impresses me, lol. Michigan school system?

nope, ESL, if you must know

my point is, i dont know what in the world your talking about
you put up some clickbait about a 67 coronet and then zero information in it

come on, what kind of conversation is that supposed to start?

its like me telling you this alfa romeo i once put fiberglass fenders on

might sound interesting, but without a picture, or a link
totally pointless

Race auto's || Auto Christiano

racealfa-geel.jpg

totally pointless
So don't stop. Move on. But you can't, can you? It's like internet crack for you.

totally pointless
"nope, ESL, if you must know"
What's ESL? I don't know what ESL is. How can we have a deep conversation if you don't spell out what ESL is. HaHa.

so just watched the episode.. not a big fan of the front end. the stance though is evil looking though i do like a bit more tire.. the angling back of the windshield was the right thing to do.. looks way better then stock in my opinion.. their metal guys do some incredible work... really have to watch the show to see some of the metal work involved in building their cars... it is hellcat powered so that should make guys happy. most on other sites thought it was going to get LS powered.. their interior guy is incredible.. really like the interior for the most part...

the pictures kinda suck *** and don't do the car any justice because they are just screen shots from the video... pretty bitchin car... i've talked to guys why have seen their work in person and they all say its top notch..

coronet 1.JPG

coronet 2.JPG

coronet 3.JPG

coronet 4.JPG

coronet 5.JPG

coronet 6.JPG

coronet 7.JPG

Hadn't seen the finished product, yet. Wow. I wanted to hate it. Damn it. I like it.

"nope, ESL, if you must know"
What's ESL? I don't know what ESL is. How can we have a deep conversation if you don't spell out what ESL is. HaHa.

ESL, English as a Second Language

so now that Joe posted some pictures we can actually discuss the car
very interesting looking front end
it works well together, even thought the bottom part screams 80s (must be the squared of edges) reminds me of the opel kadett GSI or the honda CRX

totally do not dig the rims
i see what they tried to do, but it just doesnt work for me
not enough rubber and it just looks toy-ish, like a hotwheels car

you know what else it looks like?
those model cars i used to build as a kid...i would always forget to put the side view mirrors on it aswell

I didn't think I was going to like the laid-back windshield and the dropped top but I think it turned out nice.

-
Back