Kitten advice needed

-
Cats love boxes...

19B88CE1-7DB0-4949-B97C-817377EDB804.jpeg
2E0673CD-B3B6-44F7-8678-FCA3D3105663.jpeg

Even breadboxes.
DF358641-7C42-4B3A-9D2D-8B2E2E103704.jpeg

My last cat, Bruiser, (named by a six year old) was a lap cat.
If I was on the computer, he didn't care he'd just jump in my lap lay across the key board and look at me and demand attention.
If someone went and laid down in bed or on the couch he was there too.
I'd wake up in the middle of the night to a puuurrr noise and him almost laying on my head.
He was a great loving cat. We had him for 18 wonderful years.

Last edited:
Toys, get plenty of them.

My female cats love Legos, they’re expensive, so they just steal my boys.

Agree about declawing. It is actually removing the finger at the first knuckle.
I shiver to think about that happening to me.

Sisal rope scratchers last a LOT longer than cardboard.
Cardboard tends flake off all over the place.

Clear packing tape on the corners of furniture helps to dissuade scratching, and blends in with the fabric.

There's been some recent research that suggests spay/neuter too early can arrest the emotional development IE the can never reaches puberty and remains in a child like state.

That's not good for either of you.

The older/closer to that six month age, the better.

Fleas are less likely if indoor only.

I totally understand that animals should be allowed to be animals and that entails freedom to be outdoors...however, as noted earlier outdoor and indoor outdoor cats have a much shorter life expectancy.

We also like "World's Best" and "SWheat Scoop" biodegradable/flushable litter.

It costs a little more, but lasts a long time and isn't as messy.
You just remove the waste and keep using the rest.

We flush the poop, but due to being on a septic tank, we just throw the pee clumps out the side door and the rain eventually takes care of it.

Contrary to what some people think, cats are quite capable of displaying extreme affection.

I have three that will sit on my feet if I am standing and they want attention, sometimes rolling over and wallowing around on their backs.

One is a sweet 12 year old boy that is usually asking for a belly rub

...and one a big, sweet 4 year old girl who asks to be picked up and then flips over in my arms to be held like a baby, purring and nuzzling.

The other is a new member- 9 month old kitten.

I also have an old (at least 9 years that we know) boy that will tap with his paw until you pet him.

One of the other new girls is starting do do this some times.

But it al boils down to the individual cat. They are unique, and all have different traits.

Last edited:
Good morning!

20220324_094007.jpg

Its time to wake up.

Nah just kidding.

20220324_094253.jpg

20220324_094231.jpg

We made it one night. Lots of licking my face, foot in my face, ect. She did good tho.

She ate about half a can of food, drank a bunch of water. I think she may have pee'd in the litter box but I dont think she has pooped yet. (That I know of...)

And boy, is she ever cute!

The first order of business is to give her a name.

I have had two strays, first one would eat anything, this one is a little more particular

Is she a house cat or a shop cat?

She will be a house/shop cat. Im building an apartment at the shop so we will all live together.

Edit- i went down stairs to talk to a buddy for a while and when I went back up stairs there was a turd in the litter box!

Hell yeah. Day two and She is on it!

Cats can be trained to ya know!

In high school, my brother and I had this all black cat named “Ham”. We would sit in the back yard of our house and shoot doves and other tweety birds with the pellet gun. We got him to the point where he was like a bird dog, chattering, pointing and retrieving the birds for us. He was a badass cat for his 16 years. We always tried to only have male cats as the few females have always been little cu*ts, and nasty other than when they wanted to be nice. The boy cats would alway avoid them like the pelage other than when they wanted some puss.. **** my brothers black lab would even avoid June cus she was such *****…

Last edited:
If I got a cat, I would train it to use toilet and get rid of the litter box.

Just remember, Dogs have masters, Cats have staff!
I sure would like to have our old girl Harmony still here...we lost her in 2021 at 16yo.

My Honda cat ruled the roost for 16 years also. Abi bin Hoffman is approaching 14. Physically bin Hoffman is much larger than Honda was, but he knew better than to mess with the Queen. He still monitors his desert domain from his elevated gun turret
cat-scratching-post-sp108b-cream.jpg
on a regular basis.

-
Back