Kmart tool returns suck!!!

-

mp67dart

Reaction score
Stopped in to K mart to swap out a broken craftsman 3"extension.Went to the return desk and the young lady working asked if it came in a set. I told her it did.She told me I would have to bring in the whole set in to swap out. That Kmart would not swap just one piece out of a set unless the item is sold individually.I don't know if all Kmart are like this and don't know about Sears havent return any thing in awhile.With a return police like this no wonder there goin broke.

Stopped in to K mart to swap out a broken craftsman 3"extension.Went to the return desk and the young lady working asked if it came in a set. I told her it did.She told me I would have to bring in the whole set in to swap out. That Kmart would not swap just one piece out of a set unless the item is sold individually.I don't know if all Kmart are like this and don't know about Sears havent return any thing in awhile.With a return police like this no wonder there goin broke.

I doubt Kmart has the tools separate

Take it to sears and get a new one.

I thought I heard on the radio tonight that ACE Hardware sells Craftsman tools. That can't be right.

I will take it to Sears and get it swapped out it was just out of the way at the time.

If Kmart was having the blue light special when you bought the wrench set you'll get another set free!

Seen the ACE ad myself. Yep the sell craftsmen tools. Sears and Kmart are owned by the same people. I think Sears owns K mart.

K-Mart bought Sears in 2005, but they called the conglomeration "Sears Holdings Corporation". The same parent company also owns Lands' End.

Ace here sells Craftsman tools. Has for a few months now. But they don't have the deals or sets like they have at the Sears.

The above postings are correct Sears does own K Mart and Lands End and I believe has a huge interest in ACE Hardware. I work as a subcontractor for Sears and know of this through my internal special offers I get from them from time to time.

I doubt Kmart has the tools separate

Take it to sears and get a new one.

I thought I heard on the radio tonight that ACE Hardware sells Craftsman tools. That can't be right.

They sure do. Snap On, too. Believe it or not.

heard ACE hardware commercial on the radio yesterday about Craftsman tool sale. About fell out of my chair! I thought it was a Sears exclusive...

They sell Craftsman tools at OSH, too. (Orchard Supply?)

That is actually backwards. KMart bought Sears out.

Thanks for that link, I thought it was the other way around too! Our local K-mart closed and reopened as a Sears store. I buy and return tools there as needed!!

I have a pretty good set of Snap On hand tools, but since I'm no longer a professional mechanic, I'm not going to pay that price for a tool that I may use once or twice a year. Craftsman will do.

Sears is no better for returns. Trust me, been down that road more then once. It won't be long till they both merge under the k-mart logo.

Kmart files for bankrupy. Screws it's stock holders, and suppliers. Comes out of bankruptcy, and has enough money and credit to buy Sears. What the F**K.
Of course Sears is is a money pit for K-mart.

Anytime I have returned broken hand tools to Sears, if they have the tool on the shelf they hand it to me, if not they send it in the mail.

Hand tools are still made in the US but the power and lawn tools come from many places overseas.

I was just at kmart a few days ago reading some of the handtool packages and some of the craftsman ones read made in china.

-
Back