L1 Paint Code Crossing... Anybody tried Napa?

-

Dantra

69 Dart.. AKA Butters
Reaction score
I just need to get a quart of single stage L1 (Beige) to paint my engine compartment while the engine is out. Napa does single stage and is the only thing that isn't 45 minutes or an hour away.. Even then, I'm not sure anyone could cross it.

I tried giving Napa the L1, Chrysler code DT6312, Ditzler 22542, Dupont 4998L and Acme Rogers 5763. They are not able to cross any of those.. Appreciate any help.

I looked this up on my MixIt cloud for Sikkens and the formula is obsolete. There is a color map position.

I would suggest having the paint company use their color camera to read a nearby area. They can then do a solid generate and come up with a color that will be very close to your actual color.

Screenshot_20231220-212955_MIXIT.jpg

Click on the L1 chip and it will give you an option to buy a quart...

To clear things up, they have changed pigments and old codes do not mix out the same. As suggested, get a reading from the spectrometer or PPG has a library of their readings that may match that paint code.

If you truly want a match I haven't seen a single spectrometer match that didn't need tinting
But if your painting an engine compartment I'd tape from the bolt flanges out over the fenders, spray the compartment with what ever the paint code mixes as and accept it....

If you truly want a match I haven't seen a single spectrometer match that didn't need tinting
But if your painting an engine compartment I'd tape from the bolt flanges out over the fenders, spray the compartment with what ever the paint code mixes as and accept it....
I've butt matched a few. It all depends on the percentage of the match. Solid colors are doable. Micas are a crap shoot.

I use one 3 times a day and panel paint 99% of my solid colors. I use them on every single car I paint and I average 3/day. There are maybe 5% of them that need tinting.

20231201_141428.jpg

20231201_141420.jpg

-
Back