LA headers fit on a Magnum?

-

tranniedoc

Reaction score
I'm putting a late model 360 Magnum in a 70 Dart. I was going to use a set of Hedman short headers, but the tech guy at Hedman said the LA headers don't seal well on a magnum head. I've never heard of a problem with this before. Has anyone had any experience putting LA headers on a Magnum engine? Or are there any headers made to put a Magnum in an A body car? I'm hoping that there isn't a problem putting the headers made for a LA engine on a magnum.
Thanks,
Doug.

I'm putting a late model 360 Magnum in a 70 Dart. I was going to use a set of Hedman short headers, but the tech guy at Hedman said the LA headers don't seal well on a magnum head. I've never heard of a problem with this before. Has anyone had any experience putting LA headers on a Magnum engine? Or are there any headers made to put a Magnum in an A body car? I'm hoping that there isn't a problem putting the headers made for a LA engine on a magnum.
Thanks,
Doug.

I am running LA Hookers on my magnums with no sealing problems.

That's what I wanted to hear... this car is just a street cruiser, so I'm not looking at squeezing out every bit of power but the stock manifolds don't flow very well and are sooo pricey. I also saw the "similar threads" box after I posted this and read the other answers. All seem to be in my favor.
Thanks a bunch,
Doug

I have LA Hedman headers on magnum heads. No leaks for 30,000 miles.

id guess the reverse is true? you can use magnum headers on la engines?

MagnumvsLagasketcomparison.jpg

Not really an answer to the question, but I bought TTI headers for my 360 Magnum in a '72 A body, and the fit was absolutely flawless, with no clearance problems anywhere. The TTI flanges sealed perfectly to the Magnum exhaust ports.

It may just be me... but looking at the overlay of the 2 gaskets in the diagram supplied by Abodyjoe... it looks like the Magnum heads would make for a better sealing flange, no mater what headers were used.

Mainly because of the Magnums having "more meat" between the inboard ports.

-
Back