Laid Off

-

nasty69

Reaction score
Yup!! Great timing to lose a job, right before income tax return. My spare money for the valiant will soon be dwindling away. Anybody hiring somewhere from west houston to bellville? Greed will always come back around to get bit you in the butt. Especially when you have a money hungry manager who cares only about himself.. Just venting :violent1:

same boat brother. im a month into mine and i cant find squat, yet. my play money is about gone. keep your head up, it has to get better

Sorry, Buddy. I know it sucks. Your new full time job is finding a job. Collect if you can, and if possible, try using your sell-able skills to bring in some money to keep from tapping your savings until you find something. If you're lucky, you might even be able to make a living with you skills through your own business.

Sorry to hear. Terrible timing. Try to stay positive, my wife went thru a layoff in 09 and eventually worked out for the better. What type of field are you in? She has internet marketing contacts in Houston and Austin.

Oldschoolcuda

pretty well rounded in automotive field. specialize in paint/bodywork. I guess its good timing as ive been trying to get out of the car business since its a sinking ship. I guess now im just forced to lol

Sorry to hear that... happening way too much these days. Tomorrow will be one year since I lost my job and no work around here to be had. Hopefully something will come your way quickly, maybe this is a forced opportunity that will work out to your advantage. Best of luck to you.

I own a sign shop, Two years ago a buddy of mine worked at a body shop and had quit. I asked him to come and help for a few weeks since he wasn't working. He's been working ever since. I now can offer services that my fleet customers need. What I'm trying to say, is sometimes you have to think out of the box, leave the confort zone and sell your skills to other types of businesses that might need your knowledge that you have aquired over the years. Hope all works out. Best of luck

I'm 61 years old, laid off construction super; got a part time job restoring old iron. Look around lower than your expectations, with the dems in charge.

Isn't that the way it goes...

When you have the MONEY to fix your car, you don't have the TIME.

When you have the TIME to fix your car, you don't have the MONEY.

It's very rare to have BOTH TIME & MONEY to fix your car....

Try to get as much done on your car as you can while you have the time.

Sorry to hear about losing your job. Try to see if there are any others out there for you.

Thanks guys, Salty dog : I assisted with the body work since it was done when i was 10 yrs old . Ive got a few bites locally but most exciting that i just sent resume out to was Hennessy performance. Im certain most of you know who they are and what they do.
Green1 : I told my wife that i didn't want to go back to production/manufacturing. But if i have to at this point.. I definitely will.

X's 2 on what Frankie said! Best of luck to ya!

hay, load up your truck with all your body tools, and do a round the country in 20 year job ! ill get a list going with a route for ya, as i am sure there are at least 100 body jobs on this site alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!''
good luck finding some work

Sorry to hear about you getting laid off. ive been lookin for work since i was laid off in july ive had a few interviews but nothing yet. best of luck to ya i hope job market is better there then here.

I hope something works out for you soon, my wife is now at home after a company (hospital) sold and they replaced her after 8 years of 0 complaints as a director in admissions, she was on call and she could not make it in and now she is happy here at home at the age of 50, she said we was still going to poor the slab for my shop but I put my foot down and said no to her and Creed (my son)
She sells on e-bag and does good selling mainly lamps.
Looking forward to seeing a new thread that you landed a job :cheers:

I lost my job about 13 months ago. I was upset and still am at the people who ran the company I was there for 21 years and they didn't even tell anyone that I was no longer employed there cause it could damage the marketability of the company. I tried to stay in the field of work I was doing,I was the vineyard manager for Chaddsford Winery so big vineyards in Pa. are few and far. I couldn't find anything close by so I talked to the owner of the vineyards a few weeks ago (they were leased) and got the job to tear 27 acres of grapes out since no-one else leased them. Now I feel like I got off the Titanic and into a life raft as the doors of Chaddsford are now only open a few days a week,IMO it's on life support...Keep your head up and good things will come.

Thanks guys, Salty dog : I assisted with the body work since it was done when i was 10 yrs old . Ive got a few bites locally but most exciting that i just sent resume out to was Hennessy performance. Im certain most of you know who they are and what they do.
Green1 : I told my wife that i didn't want to go back to production/manufacturing. But if i have to at this point.. I definitely will.
I have heard the owner is a real arrogant prick.But its only hearsay. I know a lot of people dont race at Lone Star anymore because he owns it. But hey a job is a job.

I'm 61 years old, laid off construction super; got a part time job restoring old iron. Look around lower than your expectations, with the dems in charge.

Sorry to hear of ya'lls losses. Green1 your problems are [no offence] -1-your 61 years old [tho they can't say it] your too old-2-you are in florida [18%+ realtime unemployment per Romney]-3-all political parties are to blame along with greed. You are better off than most you can signup for early retirement at 62 [may not be what you have been making or wanted to do but there is not a time limit before it runs out] some of us don't have that opertunity unemployment is running out or gone along with savings with no job in sight some of these folks are in real trouble and nobody cares. Good luck to all of you hopefully something will come thru for ya'll,i'm still working but only time will tell what's gonna happen this year[ i'm no spring chicken i'll play hell finding work everybody wants young folks not us older experianced folks], the management where i work don't play well with others, never can tell what's gonna happen next.

-
Back