Larger torsion bars?

-

rp23g7

Reaction score
He eveyone, my 70 Duster, the one in the profile pic, slant six car, has been lowered, and it has always wallowed like a big car around corners. I was thinking about putting the larger PST torsion bars and new shocks on it. Does anyone know if the one inch bars, or the .92 bars are a direct fit?

.92 bars and front and rear sway bars will improve the handling big time.
Takes away the fear of grinding off your rocker panels.

RearSwayBarResults.jpg

How did you go about lowering it ? if you just backed off the adjust bolts the upper arms will hit the bump stops. Larger bars wouldn't make much difference there. A stabilizer bar might help but it would have to be a strong one. The long and limber stock front bar for a 70 model wouldn't do.

When was your front end last rebuilt? A front sway bar would be the first step, along with slightly larger torsion bars. BUT if the suspension is worn and sloppy you won't see a lot of improvement.

He eveyone, my 70 Duster, the one in the profile pic, slant six car, has been lowered, and it has always wallowed like a big car around corners. I was thinking about putting the larger PST torsion bars and new shocks on it. Does anyone know if the one inch bars, or the .92 bars are a direct fit?

As long as they are A-body bars, either bar will fit.
And yes, they will stiffen the ride, and cut down on the bouncy bounce.
Go for it.

The front was rebuilt a few yrs ago, no slop in the front, just land yatch handleing

-
Back