Last chance to stop me from buying the hype...

-
Hey man, Teamsters local 287 here!!

Sometimes i miss the union but i enjoy working for my self.

Anyone who talks down on the union has never been in a good one.

Well I sent the Oddball carburetor back and called Summit and let them know that I felt I got are remanufactured carburetor or something..

Had to make the hundred dollars for free shipping from Summit and ordered this Speedmaster part for my new carburetors...
I have some homemade piece of stainless steel sheet metal that I've used for years but I was always wanting something nice..
Screenshot_20200122-073124.png

I tried.....
And I didn't want to hear it and I still don't LOL... And I still wouldn't trade these carburetors for any suggested carburetors... But I appreciate everybody's woulda coulda shoulda I told you so's LOL..
you wonder why there's only 10% of us that are brave enough to tell our story and take our lumps out here on the internet and 90% of the people on the forum just read the post and stay out of it so they don't have to put up with the beating and the woulda coulda shoulda I told you so's....

And I didn't want to hear it and I still don't LOL... ..
this ^^^^ is exactly right. You'll start a thread say'n "talk me out of this" but you already have your mind made up. Same thing you did on the rockers, asked about them as if you were considering but already had them on the way... LOL But now, 4 threads later, fighting the bog and snapping at anyone that post a 1 line humor remark. LOL.... Still wishing you the best, but you sure know how to pitch a slow ball right across the plate...
You like to call it "breaking the new frontier"... as long as you aren't racing a truck instead of a Duster :D :D :D because Dusters are new frontier :D :D :D :poke:

this ^^^^ is exactly right. You'll start a thread say'n "talk me out of this" but you already have your mind made up. Same thing you did on the rockers, asked about them as if you were considering but already had them on the way... LOL But now, 4 threads later, fighting the bog and snapping at anyone that post a 1 line humor remark. LOL.... Still wishing you the best, but you sure know how to pitch a slow ball right across the plate...
You like to call it "breaking the new frontier"... as long as you aren't racing a truck instead of a Duster :D :D :D because Dusters are new frontier :D :D :D :poke:
I didn't have my mind made up... And I didn't have them ordered already...
I ordered my rockers like 4 years ago?...
This is an a body forum and I would like to see something on your duster...
but as long as you post it on the Internet it's got to be the truth so whatever you say....

Mama said if you don't have anything good to say them don't say anything at all.
Sorry mom.....:)

I have one of them carbs, and never like the way they ran. and wasn't going to buy a bunch of metering rods and jets to make it run better.(bought it because i thought it was going to be a "new version" of a thermoquad. NOT!!)

It's still on my sons 73 power wagon because it work better them the spread bore holley i took off.(throttle shafts bad and sucking air.

I relate my problem with it being, its run a square bore holley on a spread bore manifold. (using the adapter.)
Some day, it will get my, newly acquired Thermoquad back on it and it will be worth taking off road.

I'm not saying it's a P.O.S carb and i have reason to point elsewhere..........But in my hart i feel like this particular one is.

Mama said if you don't have anything good to say them don't say anything at all.
Sorry mom.....:)

I have one of them carbs, and never like the way they ran. and wasn't going to buy a bunch of metering rods and jets to make it run better.(bought it because i thought it was going to be a "new version" of a thermoquad. NOT!!)

It's still on my sons 73 power wagon because it work better them the spread bore holley i took off.(throttle shafts bad and sucking air.

I relate my problem with it being, its run a square bore holley on a spread bore manifold. (using the adapter.)
Some day, it will get my, newly acquired Thermoquad back on it and it will be worth taking off road.

I'm not saying it's a P.O.S carb and i have reason to point elsewhere..........But in my hart i feel like this particular one is.
Side note my son just texted me this morning and his battery was dead in his Honda that he just bought new race seats for LOL... Andy said " old dependable" fired right up and got him to work this morning (the 76 Power Wagon I gave him)...

Side note my son just texted me this morning and his battery was dead in his Honda that he just bought new race seats for LOL... Andy said " old dependable" fired right up and got him to work this morning (the 76 Power Wagon I gave him)...
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Yup sets for a year, starts up for a week. Haul wood and goes back to sleep most of the time.

Had to make the hundred dollars for free shipping from Summit and ordered this Speedmaster part for my new carburetors...
I have some homemade piece of stainless steel sheet metal that I've used for years but I was always wanting something nice..
View attachment 1715457200
I am pretty sure that will not clear the linkage on a street demon.

I am pretty sure that will not clear the linkage on a street demon.
318 will run brought this thread back up to prove some point of his. If you look at that post you quoted it's probably pretty old as I sent that back and got refunded for it I think a month or two ago... Summit is the best...

318 will run brought this thread back up to prove some point of his. If you look at that post you quoted it's probably pretty old as I sent that back and got refunded for it I think a month or two ago... Summit is the best...
LOL... you love me :lol: .... at least I didn't post it in your "deep tech" :D

-
Back