Last chance to stop me from buying the hype...

-
Also I'm focused on getting this truck done. remember I live in the city and it's been sitting on jack stands for a month out of my driveway and it's driving me nuts now.. (short drive)...
lol.... I know. I needed no explanation because I know. :D just opening your fridge... lol

Holy holley Hena!!!!
I have been trying to get to the final page of this dam thing to give you my opinion on then dammm carbs and finally gave up and just hit page 12.............
to late you have already pulled the lever and bought them.

So the short answer is i have bought one with fiber section and installed it on my sons truck.(360) had a spread bore holley on it before and didn't like it much.
This carb being a square bore, required an adapter for it that we had to buy seperate to use.(one that excepted the 3 barrel)

If it wasn't a 4x4 i would have had a 1850 holley on it long ago.
I Think you mist the boat and should have saved up for the avs-2.......but my reasoning is the same as the that dammmm street demon carb. thought it was a cool new version of a thermoquad

The avs-2 is a cool new version of a air door carter carb...........may have been disappointed with it as well.

Not saying the street demon it a bad carb, was just disappointed in what i thought i was getting.

Won't buy another one.

With that said hope it works well and better then what you have!:thumbsup:

Holy holley Hena!!!!
I have been trying to get to the final page of this dam thing to give you my opinion on then dammm carbs and finally gave up and just hit page 12.............
to late you have already pulled the lever and bought them.

So the short answer is i have bought one with fiber section and installed it on my sons truck.(360) had a spread bore holley on it before and didn't like it much.
This carb being a square bore, required an adapter for it that we had to buy seperate to use.(one that excepted the 3 barrel)

If it wasn't a 4x4 i would have had a 1850 holley on it long ago.
I Think you mist the boat and should have saved up for the avs-2.......but my reasoning is the same as the that dammmm street demon carb. thought it was a cool new version of a thermoquad

The avs-2 is a cool new version of a air door carter carb...........may have been disappointed with it as well.

Not saying the street demon it a bad carb, was just disappointed in what i thought i was getting.

Won't buy another one.

With that said hope it works well and better then what you have!:thumbsup:
The nice part is they're brand new in the box and if I give them a try and I'm not happy with them I can just put them right back in the box and sell them and recoup a good portion of my money...
I definitely won't get rid of my current set up before I'm completely happy with the street demons...

Jpar, which color goggle valve are they matching?
I guess the point was that they're not matching.. one is black like the ones I see and all the videos of them and one is I brushed a bru.. I don't know which one I'm going to get on Wednesday.. possibly Tuesday, they are sending it out on Monday from Arizona so it will get here quick..

I guess the point was that they're not matching.. one is black like the ones I see and all the videos of them and one is I brushed a bru.. I don't know which one I'm going to get on Wednesday.. possibly Tuesday, they are sending it out on Monday from Arizona so it will get here quick..

Yeah, I would have wondered if there were internal changes with a different production run. I wouldn't like it either.

Yeah, I would have wondered if there were internal changes with a different production run. I wouldn't like it either.
The whole idea was to get rid of my mismatched carburetors! I was so jacked up when they came and then was so disappointed when they weren't identical play the same...

They probably had some retired brain surgeon packing those carbs for you at Summit!???
They probably come enclosed boxes on a pallet and some selector grabs a couple off the pallet and puts them in a box..
I'm vested Warehouse Teamster I know how it works..

They probably come enclosed boxes on a pallet and some selector grabs a couple off the pallet and puts them in a box..
I'm vested Warehouse Teamster I know how it works..

Yep. That stuff probably comes in by the truck load at a minimum. There could be one production run in the lot or several.

At least they will match now.

Got tracking number, should be Wednesday..
question.... just curious, if these Demons slow the car up a little (not suggestion they will), will you leave them on just for the looks??

Speed Demon and Speedmaster, should make for a speedy combo :D

question.... just curious, if these Demons slow the car up a little (not suggestion they will), will you leave them on just for the looks??
Not likely.. I would probably have four carburetors for sale and get two new ones..
I am basically trading two 600's for two 600's.. I think 1200 CFM would be enough but maybe not...

Now playing with the idea of sending all three back and paying the extra sixty bucks for 750s..
:realcrazy:
pullhair.gif
:realcrazy:..........

The third carburetor was exactly what I thought it would be when it got here...
It had the black goggled door like every other one I've seen on the internet and pictures or in videos...
The carb with the brushed metal goggle door is going back..

Not likely.. I would probably have four carburetors for sale and get two new ones..
I am basically trading two 600's for two 600's.. I think 1200 CFM would be enough but maybe not...

To run what...…. 11.40? I'd certainly hope so, my 340 ran 11.60 @ 116 with a single 750.

To run what...…. 11.40? I'd certainly hope so, my 340 ran 11.60 @ 116 with a single 750.

Tunnel Rams are different. If you are tuned and running correctly with a single 750 you DOUBLE that as a starting point for a TR. And usually that's on the small side.

Last edited:
-
Back