Last chance to stop me from buying the hype...

-
So now it just boils down to where to buy them from? Jegs, Summit, or the Holly store? I mean who backs up the best service? It seems like the Holly store cuz that's who makes them? But I know Summit will send me a new part quicker than I can get off my old part, always great service..???..
I have had excellent service through the years from Both Summit and Jegs. Summit has been top notch on packaging, shipping, and standing by the product. Honestly, if I'm in need of "another set", I may go with ProMaxx when they have 20% off through Summit.

I have had excellent service through the years from Both Summit and Jegs. Summit has been top notch on packaging, shipping, and standing by the product. Honestly, if I'm in need of "another set", I may go with ProMaxx when they have 20% off through Summit.
Thanks! Like the title says I just kind of want to make sure I don't make a stupid mistak.. like holy crap don't go through the Holley store their got terrible service or something like that..

Screenshot_20191212-172217.png
Screenshot_20191212-172134.png

:thumbsup:...:elmer:

Kind of fun having a Shelf full of possibilities..
^^^ Kidding :D ^^
I think they'll match up to everything just fine. I want to go back to my electric water pump as well.. I always thought it was part of my overheating problem but very well could have been what was keeping it from completely overheating. I feel the new radiator is what is really helping me out..
these carburetors were never in the plan for this winter but after I seen them I just had to have them... I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making any super colossal mistakes that somebody else had...

Kind of fun having a Shelf full of possibilities..

I think they'll match up to everything just fine. I want to go back to my electric water pump as well.. I always thought it was part of my overheating problem but very well could have been what was keeping it from completely overheating. I feel the new radiator is what is really helping me out..
these carburetors were never in the plan for this winter but after I seen them I just had to have them... I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making any super colossal mistakes that somebody else had...
ouch! watch that temp gage on the hot days.....

That has never made sense to me? Why would you have a dual quad tunnel ram and only put one carburetor on it...
Think of it as a BIG carb spacer..... LOL. Gets the scoop out there. That is a very vintage set up in that picture ….. if you look at it, that whole set up is hard to get

So the plan was to pull the motor and transmission this winter and be able to see the condition of my current clutch. Also have the engine on the stand while I did the new heads and got everything just how I wanted it out in the open. I have all the gaskets and bolts collected for it...
I figured if I got this new carbs I would still put my old ones on and get everything running correctly and time to well and know how it runs.. then put the carbs on and make my adjustments from there... now theoretically I could do the opposite and just fill with the cards now in between rainy days and get them all set up and then pull the motor... And do the Speedmaster heads second..
I live it I think about it that may be a good plan and let everybody else blow their Motors up with these cheap Chinese heads first and then sell them... Lol...

ouch! watch that temp gage on the hot days.....
Actually when I'm on the freeway I have a hard time keeping it up to temperature..
the one chart I seen on the ProForm water pump was the equivalent of the car running at 2500 RPMs or so maybe 26..
That's about where I'm at on the freeway..
now that I put the 354 gears in the electric water pump or probably run the water faster than I mechanical at most times...

I live it I think about it that may be a good plan and let everybody else blow their Motors up with these cheap Chinese heads first and then sell them... Lol...
4 threads, and after stick'n them in our faces in every thread you are not backing out now! YOUR FIRST BUCKO

I'm still a little red-eared about the 440 heads. I'm going to post pictures of the heads here in a minute. :BangHead:
I would have thought one or the other but not both.. over the last couple years I sold my dirtbike my Goldwing and my motorhome. It seems like when I have so many fun things I'm running from one to the other and not really having good time to enjoy them all...

Did you buy the phenolic or the: “if it don’t go...... chrome it” version?
It already goes so it didn't hurt to buy the Chrome... Oddly enough I'm not really a chrome person.. setting up that high I just don't have any heat soaking... I'll do my best to keep the cool gas flowing through it as fast as possible...:thumbsup:..
I would have just bought two brand-new 1406's, but these Street demons are so different from everything else especially in appearance...

I get a lot of people not liking the way I have my fuel line routed straight from the passenger's side wheel well over to the carburetors but I don't like the feul line sneaking up around the hot motor..

So now it just boils down to where to buy them from? Jegs, Summit, or the Holly store? I mean who backs up the best service? It seems like the Holly store cuz that's who makes them? But I know Summit will send me a new part quicker than I can get off my old part, always great service..???..

My vote is for summit, I order it Thursday morning at 12:01 and it is often at my door by the time I get home from work on Friday.

-
Back