Last chance to stop me from buying the hype...

-
My vote is for summit, I order it Thursday morning at 12:01 and it is often at my door by the time I get home from work on Friday.
I'm not expecting them tomorrow though at this time of year. The floorboards that I just got on Wednesday sat at the local Hub since the previous Friday... it'll be here in town all right but if they can't get to the container that it's in because they're so backed up that will be a few extra days...

I'm not expecting them tomorrow though at this time of year. The floorboards that I just got on Wednesday sat at the local Hub since the previous Friday... it'll be here in town all right but if they can't get to the container that it's in because they're so backed up that will be a few extra days...

So true. My buddy called me this morning and what little hair he had is now on the floor. He is taking calls all day long from almost every trucking company under the sun to haul their overflow and he can't even touch it. He's out of trucks. Says the system is overloaded.

Said if I was till drinking he'd let me take him out and make him puking drunk. I still may take him up on that one. I'll just drink ginger ale or see-saws.

I ordered the stuff last night about 5: 30 and they were in Troutdale at the Hub here close by 10 a.m. this morning. Supposed to get them tomorrow but I will see if there out for delivery or I get a pending date.. likely sit in a container truck for a couple days, I'm sure they're backed up...

Holy crap I almost gave myself a heart attack!!..
I looked up street demon and they popped up for $219!! I dialed up Summit so fast I didn't even look and see that they were refurbished.. LOL.. well I'm glad I got what I got because my tight cheap *** would have gotten refurbish ones.. and the idea was to get to new carburetors anyway so..
I'm fine...

Okay carbs just got here and they're not the same! What the heck!?...
On one the goggle door is black like we seeing the videos and then on the other one it's a brushed finish? And the one with the brush finish you can tell the set screws are showing threads outside of the case were the one with the black door there about flush with the case..
I already have two different carburetors ! LOL..
Am I nitpicking here?..
IMG_20191214_102457.jpg
IMG_20191214_102555.jpg
IMG_20191214_102611.jpg

Okay carbs just got here and they're not the same! What the heck!?...
On one the goggle door is black like we seeing the videos and then on the other one it's a brushed finish? And the one with the brush finish you can tell the set screws are showing threads outside of the case were the one with the black door there about flush with the case..
I already have two different carburetors ! LOL..
Am I nitpicking here?..View attachment 1715437764 View attachment 1715437765 View attachment 1715437767
am I seeing reflections or is that front carb have the bottom like a gasket scraper went to work. better pix needed

am I seeing reflections or is that front carb have the bottom like a gasket scraper went to work. better pix needed
yeah it's not as bad as it looks in that flash picture like that it's pretty clean it just prints from the semi lubricated plastic. Just like on the bottom of your Speedmaster heads on the machine part were plastic touched it. Admittedly it's not as great as the one in the back but it's possible for sure no heavy gouges or anyting or sandpaper LOL .

I think only Holley sells remaned and ones I don't think Edelbrock does unless they sent them one and called it new..
I mean, lots of possibilities. Customer return? I wouldn't worry about the two things you mentioned.

I think the one with the silver door fits a SB Ford :usflag:
The one person I expect a straight answer from because you give me so much s***about not giving straight answers to the subject at hand...
I reckon touche...

I mean, lots of possibilities. Customer return? I wouldn't worry about the two things you mentioned.
Well f it!... I called Summit and they're sending me another one.. the whole idea of doing this was to have two brand-new identical carburetors that matched each other identically and I mean down to the last screw.. I got two good running carburetors at kind of don't match each other.. I know I'm being picky but what I want is what I want I guess and that's what I paid for.. again I guess the closed mouth don't get fed...
Again I appreciate your thoughts 318..

I would guess dirrerent lot of production parts, from different vendors.
Deal with it all the time with aircraft parts.

Try your throttle linkage on the carbs, you might have issues using your current set up.
Those carbs use a funky linkage rod for Mopars.

Try your throttle linkage on the carbs, you might have issues using your current set up.
Those carbs use a funky linkage rod for Mopars.
I'm done playing with the truck for the day so I may bring them in here and play with them a little bit see what's up..

So I was checking out the linkage and it is different. There is a very comprehensive package of different connections so I don't think I'm going to have a tough go ahead getting it to work..
If I stick the carbs up higher I'll have to do some work on the hood. Or at least the one that I have on there now. I cut it around very tight to the current carburetors but the whole entire carburetor sticking out I'll need a bigger hole..
I had more time to fiddle with them here in the house as when I got them I was busy. I found a couple more subtle unsimilarities.
So shiny..
IMG_20191214_140755.jpg
IMG_20191214_141602.jpg

It looks like I can get a very short screwdriver in between them to adjust the rear carburetor if need be. I don't angle up like the Edelbrocks..
Also that free card that's yellow that's there comes with each one and is a sign up on their website extended 1 year warranty from the normal 90 days from purchase..

So I was checking out the linkage and it is different. There is a very comprehensive package of different connections so I don't think I'm going to have a tough go ahead getting it to work..
If I stick the carbs up higher I'll have to do some work on the hood. Or at least the one that I have on there now. I cut it around very tight to the current carburetors but the whole entire carburetor sticking out I'll need a bigger hole..
I had more time to fiddle with them here in the house as when I got them I was busy. I found a couple more subtle unsimilarities.
So shiny..
View attachment 1715437890 View attachment 1715437893
It looks like I can get a very short screwdriver in between them to adjust the rear carburetor if need be. I don't angle up like the Edelbrocks..
Also that free card that's yellow that's there comes with each one and is a sign up on their website extended 1 year warranty from the normal 90 days from purchase..
purrrrrty :)

I'm thinking of buying myself one with the plastic and tell myself I bought a modern TQ that I can tune!?

Good thing Santa Claus thought you were a good little boy! Those suckers are pretty!

I'm thinking of buying myself one with the plastic and tell myself I bought a modern TQ that I can tune!?

Good thing Santa Claus thought you were a good little boy! Those suckers are pretty!
They both seem to function just fine. I'm just being picky..

-
Back