Last chance to stop me from buying the hype...

-
With all the people going to 3rd gen hemis, FI systems, some milleniums that can't even spell carb ( carburator???? spelling???)....good used Eddies should be dime a dozen, OK so maybe 2 for a dime!? That's all you need anyway right?
Buy quality even if used and abused!
I have a beat up Edelbrock and a beat up old Carter on there now that I could rebuild or do whatever I want, but I really am looking to start brand new from scratch... I don't mind the word carb instead of carburetor and every once in awhile to be lazy I'll say rad instead of radiator, but that word that people use for distributor that's the one that drives me nuts...

Oh come on j par, get a crowbar and pry your wallet out of your pocket. You know you want these, pull the trigger! It's only money. Your car will thank you for letting it have a matched set.

pickupthephone, pickupthephone, pickupthephone, pickupthephone...
U-u-u ...you!! Just want me to buy mine first so you can see what happens!..

Have you done any reading on the new Street Demon at all in the way the secondaries open up in a thermoquad kind of way and it's adjustable?..
I understand Holly is what you know in like and I understand Edelbrock is what I know in like. But just so we both understand what we're discussing..
Well, just to clarify, I feel comfortable with Thermoquads, Holleys, and edelbrock/carter as well. As I stated in post 2, I've not run a Demon. Reviews are either "Great" or "junk". No in between. For me personally, I'd go with QF only because they are like a Holley, use Holley based parts (super common and cheap), and have great reviews, but cheaper than a Holley. **And some impressive numbers layed down by them brawlers.

Well, just to clarify, I feel comfortable with Thermoquads, Holleys, and edelbrock/carter as well. As I stated in post 2, I've not run a Demon. Reviews are either "Great" or "junk". No in between. For me personally, I'd go with QF only because they are like a Holley, use Holley based parts (super common and cheap), and have great reviews, but cheaper than a Holley. **And some impressive numbers layed down by them brawlers.
P.S. - I have QF parts on both my Holleys on my Dusters.

QFT is also a Holley owned company.

From what I understand....... in the same building actually.
As strange as this sounds, I've "upgraded" the Holley on my 318 by using QF performance part, and dropped 2 tenths in the 8th mile right at the strip (they weren't racing 1/4 that day :()

Where can I get two of those brand-new I'm in!!...
According to predator performance products, there is someone buying their business and they are sealing up the contract with to start production in early 2020. They are way over your present budget, but maybe one day? Of all the carburetor types, I haven't read anything terribly bad about the Kendig/Predator design other than they are a great step onto the road of building a fuel thirsty vehicle. But the individual I talked to who ran one was running it on a big block chebbby powered mud bog truck, and said he'd never run anything else after switching from a Holley.

"IF" (SO BIG THAT IS!) They run as good as the good reviews and have great throttle response as the good reviews I feel I would be pretty happy with its street strip abilities.. the bad reviews seem mostly about sticky or broken parts out of the gate.. it sounds like they may need a blue collar going through first?..

Just do it!!!!

You know you want to.
^^^post 63. He is going to do it. His mind is made up. All this is about, is him making people feel like they might have a say in what happens, so tons of conversation. LOL :D :D We'll be getting a picture in a week. :D
:thumbsup:

Have you done any reading on the new Street Demon at all in the way the secondaries open up in a thermoquad kind of way and it's adjustable?..
I understand Holly is what you know in like and I understand Edelbrock is what I know in like. But just so we both understand what we're discussing..

There is something to be said for:

Complete tuneability and

The fact that the secondaries are always open when your foot is on the floor.

According to predator performance products, there is someone buying their business and they are sealing up the contract with to start production in early 2020. They are way over your present budget, but maybe one day? Of all the carburetor types, I haven't read anything terribly bad about the Kendig/Predator design other than they are a great step onto the road of building a fuel thirsty vehicle. But the individual I talked to who ran one was running it on a big block chebbby powered mud bog truck, and said he'd never run anything else after switching from a Holley.

Have you ever used a Predator? I have. Not impressed. But I'm not impressed with much any air valve secondary carb.

In the 20 or so years I’ve been on Internet forums...... I doubt I’ve asked for advice on what “(fill in the blank)” I should get for my car 3 times(if ever).

I figure out what I want, and that’s what I get.
Sometimes it’s a good choice, sometimes there could have been a better choice.
That’s how you learn.

My latest carb acquisition was a pretty clean Holley 850DP that came off a customers 440. He put a Sniper EFI system in his car, loves it, and isn’t putting a carb back on.
So I picked it up.

^^^post 63. He is going to do it. His mind is made up. All this is about, is him making people feel like they might have a say in what happens, so tons of conversation. LOL :D :D We'll be getting a picture in a week. :D
and 2 months later you'll be buying one and doing a video on how to tear it apart and check it out...:D:poke::thumbsup:...

I have one experience with a Predator.
From 30 years ago.

BBF on the dyno, motor had two of them.
Motor wouldn’t take a load....... never could make any pulls with it.
Several hours were spent messing with them by the owner to no avail.
Iirc, he’d bought them used and put kits in them.
I don’t remember what happened after that....... if we swapped to some shop carbs to continue on, or if the motor just came off the dyno.

I can tell you this........ in the years I’ve played with this stuff on the dyno(since 1990)....... I’ve come across way way way fewer really good carbs........ than really bad ones.
Im not talking about the stuff that works “fine”....... I’m talking about the ones that are either really good or really bad.
And there’s way more really bad ones.

Also, there a lot of people running around with poorly tuned, and/or just poorly calibrated carbs........ many of which are just flat out wrong for the application.

Last edited:
There is something to be said for:

Complete tuneability and

The fact that the secondaries are always open when your foot is on the floor.
Have you read up any on the Street Demon and how it works? I think one of the things that impressed me was the tunability of the spring loaded air door for the secondary goggle valve...

Also Heavens forbid we have a discussion on the Forum! Let alone a conversation...
Would you rather some Facebook drama...
Instead of a dual quad tunnel ram carburetor discussion maybe we could talk about women's ankle socks....
On our car forum...

Also Heavens forbid we have a discussion on the Forum! Let alone a conversation...
Would you rather some Facebook drama...
Instead of a dual quad tunnel ram carburetor discussion maybe we could talk about women's ankle socks....
On our car forum...
LOL... wasn't sayin' we should discuss it..... I'm just say'n history states when you ask for opinions, your mind is already made up. :)
P.S. - what's wrong with women's ankle socks?

Have you read up any on the Street Demon and how it works? I think one of the things that impressed me was the tunability of the spring loaded air door for the secondary goggle valve...

Exactly. Like the TQ and the Qjet. Just understand that to take the bog out (and you should tune it so there isn't a bog...some dudes like the big VaaaHaaaaaWhaaaa when the secondaries are opened and the air valve flies open like a screen door...if your lucky when we get cheeseburgers I'll tell you why years ago I stopped tuning TQ/Qjet carbs...it's a regular deal) you may never get the air valve all the way open. Some guys think that's ok, but I'm not one of them.

Same for the 1850/3310 Holley carbs. Most of the time, the secondaries never open all the way. And I hate that.

Like I've said before...brass and drill bits are cheap. It's much easier to configure a Holley style carb.

-
Back