Last chance to stop me from buying the hype...

-
Never liked the Demon carbs. Its mismatch parts.

Im very happy with my 450 twins. Altho i do have twin 660s on the shelf for my boosted build....

Hell id be really surprised if you couldn't find two, 4150, 750 CFM for dirt cheep.
So you're familiar with the new Street Demon carb?..

No sir, no experience with their new stuff. Didn't they fold and get bought out by Holley?

Two trains of thought on tunnel ram set up.

Wide open and street use...

If you try and tune twins on a tunnel ram for the street its gonna be a long hard dissapointing road...

At some point you just gonna have to say, "thats as good as it gets with out making hard choices."
Actually my carbs run very well on the street no hickups no giddy ups.. turn on the fuel pump give a couple Taps and fired right up no problem idles fine...a wideband says all is good and plugs are okay.. just kind of tired of looking at these crusty old mismatched buggers and after 5 years it's time for a change it feels..

Nothing looks better than twin side hung 4150s.

Easy to work on, lots of bell cranks and fancy hard line. = AWSOME!

Twin 4160 = easy peasy to set up.

My car, no choke, manual secondarys.
Fires right up, idles and runs lile a raped ape with its *** on fire.

Or spend the long dollar and get the custom, side hung 660s for 2,000.00

:poke::lol::canada:

Canada flag for old kim!

@oldkimmer

Last edited:
If you had dual quads would I talk to you out of Holley's...
again, not apples to apples comparison. I've got years of Holley experience and history. You have no experience with Demons (nor do I). You need to sharpen your pencil a little with these comparisons, you've not been close.

No sir, no experience with their new stuff. Didn't they fold and get bought out by Holley?
I'll have to grab a link on one of the hot rod write-ups they're very unique for sure..
None of them say anything about an all-out drag racing effort but more of a Street Hot Rod kind of deal. Quite a bit like a Edelbrock using there accelerator pump and Edelbrock like metering rod and seat with Holley secondaries and a thermo quad type secondary Barrel. And it turns out it's like a 3 Barrel, one monster doubled up and connected in the back.. With an adjustable spring tension on the rear flap door for tuning..

Oh and on the tunnel ram note, the customers car (member here) that just left my shop was gonna buy a new single carb set up but i think i got him talked into a twin set up on top of a tunnel ram!!

Just doing my part for us cool guys with twins sticking out the hood!

again, not apples to apples comparison. I've got years of Holley experience and history. You have no experience with Demons (nor do I). You need to sharpen your pencil a little with these comparisons, you've not been close.
Well I've had five years straight with two Edelbrocks and most of the demon carb that were talking about runs on that theory with some thermoquad added to it.. of course on my 72 Duster I put a 600 Holley vacuum secondary and it worked fine. I had to fine-tune the tip in a little bit and get the lighter spring for the secondary but it did well...

Something tells me thats not a street friendly carb?...

:rofl:

I will however take two and street manners be dammed! I bolt them on my 6-71 and i will even send you my twin custom 660s. To hold while i test those toilet bowls!

https://www.holley.com/document/streetdemonarticle.pdf
Don't look at the motor or the brand those are ugly just the carburetors..
Screenshot_20191210-203512.png

Again the demons that I'm talking about or not the old-style demon the link I just posted was probably the most comprehensive article I've seen on the news Street Demon.. if I'm going to spend the extra 50 or 60 bucks it may be two 750's instead of 625's...:D..

Just my opinion but those are ugly and if they so good why dose EVERY dyno shop have a Holley 750HP, 850HP and a 950HP jist sitting on their shelf for when a customers engine wont make power?

None of the dyno/ engine tuners i know keep edy carbs on hand.

They will have 4500s also but none have eddy or carter carbs just sitting around?

I know you not looking fornmax power bit think about what im saying.

These folks keep known, easy to tune carbs around.

I will start with the last thing first and the first thing first.. if yellow rose met me for lunch or agreed to this week I would hold off on buying my carburetors until said conversation was had.. "BUT" (and if I could make that "BUT" as big as the size of the whole entire viewing screen I would!!).. it's been two or three years now and I just don't see it happening and can't put my life on hold till it does...
Now on with the real questions..
As far as my budget I sold an unexpectedly big item on Craigslist the other day and got $400 together like I said and made another hundred today so I have a $500 budget so far.. some more work lined up for the next couple days so I'm thinking I could get two new carburetors.. as far as them running better I would only hope so..
As far as the car and where it is and what it's supposed to do, it's there for my pleasure and happiness...
Correct I have those new heads and they're going to be cool on the car and shiny. I also have my old ProForm electric water pump and my very expensive March performance reduced pulley to run the alternator without a water pump. When I run just two pulleys the large Stock main pulley makes the belt fly off cuz it's too fast without triangulating...
So I'll post my motor and pictures of the parts and you can see that these two old dirty used second-hand carburetors that have done their job for all these years would be out of place with a new set of Speedmaster heads in lieu of the black painted heads I have and the ProForm water pump and March performance pulley in lieu of the stock stuff that I have. And then a couple beautiful Chrome demon Street carbs or whatever yellow rose has this week if him and you can meet me for a cheeseburger to talk me out of or I could just say screw it and get what I them anyways of course.. all while enjoying a big free non fast-food cheeseburger... View attachment 1715436064 View attachment 1715436065 View attachment 1715436066 View attachment 1715436071
^^^now can you see this all together with some direct connection dual quad air filters and a couple blue pentastar medallions on top??..
I'll look at these crusty old carburetors even if I dip them and pull them out extra clean I'd still have to buy rebuild kits and still have two mismatched different brand carburetors...
View attachment 1715436072 View attachment 1715436073 View attachment 1715436074 View attachment 1715436076
Well you like to do you're own stuff so buy a powder coat kit and do the carbs and make some side money.

images (1).jpg

And I hands down agree a holley carb is better but if you use what you got you aint spending any more money.

I haven’t had the chance to run a predator yet, but have talked to a couple of people who have on competition applications. I do intend on trying one in the future, though, however far away that may be.
I got about 6mpg on one on a 351C. Get the street idle XPi (?) version with the idle circuit. I dont see any application for those short of tractor or dyno pulling myself. About as basic of a mixer you can get, maybe 8 moving parts. Near impossible to tune unless you got a machine shop.

Just my opinion but those are ugly and if they so good why dose EVERY dyno shop have a Holley 750HP, 850HP and a 950HP jist sitting on their shelf for when a customers engine wont make power?

None of the dyno/ engine tuners i know keep edy carbs on hand.

They will have 4500s also but none have eddy or carter carbs just sitting around?
For discussion sake not arguing with you at all, I'm not! I believe everything you tell me..
Today I took a customer of mine to the machine shop where I had my engine built. I took on his Pontiac V8 for his 65 GTO. I had a conversation with The Machinist and of course I went over to his partner and pay my respects as well as he was diagnosing a problem with one of the CNC machines..
These guys are very old school...
They're set in their ways and they know what works and the trust that..
When I introduce a conversation about a new product though sometimes I feel they're not willing to try anything new because again they know what works..
As a matter of fact I think I know I should call them about this carburetor.. just to see if they've even heard about it...
I remember when I mentioned the clutch tamer they never heard of it.. they're Ford guys for sure as well...
My point is have any of the shop guys that you're talkin about used or tried the new Street Demon on an engine and rejected it?.. or do they just go with what they know and has worked well for them in the past...
Of course you know all respects and just conversation sake and food for thought..

I say call a few dyno shops, just ask if they have Demon carbs on their shelf/in stock?

Well you like to do you're own stuff so buy a powder coat kit and do the carbs and make some side money.

View attachment 1715436169
Before my customer and I went to the machine shop today lol we grabbed my car trailer and put his 65 GTO frame on it and went to the powder coating shop. They have a minimum $25 charge I'm sure they do both carbs for 25 bucks..

I say call a few dyno shops, just ask if they have Demon carbs on their shelf/in stock?
How about if I call the dyno shops and ask them if they've tried the new Street Demon???.. since that's the one that I'm curious about..

Or have they automatically rejected what they never tried?.. I'm almost if not completely positive it's not going to be as tunable to the 10th degree like a holly, and I'm willing to live with that...

-
Back