Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
upload_2020-9-12_0-40-55.gif

A little chilly this morning. Says it's 7 and feels like 5 but will warm up to around 22 today. Going to my buddies place today and help him clean out and reconfigure his garage before winter sets in. A lot of stuff will be going to the dump I'm sure. Going to see if we can get two of his cars in the garage for storage. Might be a tight squeeze though.

Got a question. Been trying to take the distributor out of the 360 in my Cuda. First it was almost seized to the block but got that loosened up. With the clamp completely removed we can't get the distributor to come up and out. Even with a gentle pry up with a claw hammer. Any suggestions? Never seen this before.

Went to my buddies place and looks like we can get both cars in the garage for Winter. A lot of STUFF to get rid of. It's a 1-1/2 car garage and we have to make sure there is room for the snowblower and lawnmower. I suggested he get himself a shed so see what happens. It's doable though.

Got a question. Been trying to take the distributor out of the 360 in my Cuda. First it was almost seized to the block but got that loosened up. With the clamp completely removed we can't get the distributor to come up and out. Even with a gentle pry up with a claw hammer. Any suggestions? Never seen this before.
I would soak it where it meets the block with Deep Creep for a few days and keep twisting it.

Finally got the grass cut. Had to come inside and cool down. Starting to get smokey here but not too bad. I can still see the mountains. It's blocking the sun pretty well. About 80 in the shade. Been getting texts from my buddy who is installing a Dakota Digital instrument cluster in his 69 Nova, pretty cool stuff. It has a shift indicator too.

You have a rubber O ring which may have deteriorated and jammed the dist.

IMG_20200912_181959621.jpg

I think FOG is right the rubber seal would do that and don't really think there could be anything else but corrosion from the aluminum from the distributor like BP said.
Had a few like that and just wiggled and pried to get them out.
Might hurt the distributor housing but what else can you do.

Had 2 of my boys over today changed the oil in my youngest boys car and my Middle boy and his wife and youngest grand girl was here and got to spoil the little girl real good. My oldest daughter and her 9 kids stopped buy to say hi and was able to spoil a few more grand kids today.
Didn't get much done on the scamp but had a great day and I'm missing the grand kids already.
Gonna go for dinner tomorrow to my oldest daughters house and looks like a busy weekend but I am a happy grandpa and got lots of hugs all day.
I really don't know why I have been blessed with so many grand kids and after having 8 kids I have some that are a pain just like everyone else having to deal with there " Ideas and life styles " I'm wanting to see my grand kids get married and I get great grand kids to spoil but I don't know guys at this point in life if I can handle it.

-
Back