Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Don Carlton , was always my favorite. I use to watch him with his Hemi colt at Milan Dragway. Left us way to early!!!

Last edited:
Sounds like everyone is having a good time. Been watching some tv and the Tom is in the oven. 14lb er between the two of us. They'll be tons of leftovers but will all be made into dinners and in the freezer they go.
Been snowing on and off all day but very lightly. The good news is the roads are dry and guessing at maybe an inch on the grass.
Thanksgiving left over make the best pot pie stuffing

I'm sure the same goes for Christmas turkey

We made a special run this afternoon .

The wife and I put on our red jackets and Santa hats hoped in the fire truck and made a little old lady’s day when we pulled up to her front door and handed her a bouquet of flowers and wished her a merry Christmas .

We made a special run this afternoon .

The wife and I put on our red jackets and Santa hats hoped in the fire truck and made a little old lady’s day when we pulled up to her front door and handed her a bouquet of flowers and wished her a merry Christmas .
Wait what you got a fire truck ....we need pictures buddy

Ok Here's the story , back in 2001 we went down to the Chevy dealer just to look at the new Tahoe's and found a '98 2 door Tahoe on the used lot . They had just taken it in on trade from the Guadalupe Fire Department (just west of Santa Maria , CA).

Wanting a new Tow Vehicle for our Casita travel trailer we bought it the next day .

It was the chief's truck but they needed a new rescue vehicle , they had been using a Suburban 4x4 . So they traded the chief's 2 wheel dive Tahoe for a 4x4 cab & Chassis with a tool box bed . The Chief then got the Sub .
Here's the Sub in the foreground and my Tahoe in the background .

When looking at the right angle you could just make out the image of the lettering on the door . So I decided to run with the fire truck theme . I came up with "Glenritas" a combo of my and my wife's names and had a sign co. do the lettering in vinyl gold leaf and reflective black and red .

The guys at the G.F.D. loved it and gave me the red lights and siren speaker .
Early on I mounted the light buckets with amber bulbs . But after a couple of years I removed them after cutting the back of my fingers one to many times when washing the truck .
I tinted the rear windows added a grill bar and painted the top white to help keep it cooler for the puppies .

You would be surprised how many people would ask "Where is Glenritas ?" or say they had been there . Funny thing is "there" doesn't exist according to to Post Office .

Enough already ... here's some pic's

DSCF0903.JPG

IMG_1610.JPG

DSCF0924.JPG

Last edited:
Thanksgiving left over make the best pot pie stuffing

I'm sure the same goes for Christmas turkey
After supper my wife cut up the rest of the turkey. She laid out a number of freezer containers and started loading them up. She cooked up a large pot of potatoes and then I mashed them. She put the left over in the containers as well. They freeze very well BTW. So now we have more dinners we can pull out and have for supper.
Everything else went into a huge pot with onions and carrots and will spend a long time on a slow boil for stock.
Happy Boxing Day.
All our stores will now be on shutdown for the next 28 days. Except for food stores and Pharmacies.

Morning guys. Hope everyone had a great day yesterday. A nice relaxing day for us. We did video call our kids which was very nice to see their faces etc.
Today it's snowing to beat the band out there right now.
Looks like I'll be clearing snow, OH YEAH!!!
Have a wonderful day.

Morning guys , another wicked storm rolling through 40mph gusts 11 foot seas good times ! Happy Boxing Day :thumbsup:

We got approx 3" of snow this morning. I went out and cleared 4 driveways and the city sidewalks along the street. it was -4 with a -11 windchill but wasn't that really.
Now the sun is out.
My son got clobbered and I think there's more to come and it'll be lake effect so maybe lots. This is his one car this morning.
Resized_2020122Chris_091211.jpg

-
Back