Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
A sweet ride. Did it come with chrome mirrors from the factory?
Yes it did .

139.jpg
I want the stripes back !

Doctors wore them during the plague. My daughter bought one as a Halloween mask in 2019... suddenly now they are in vogue. And a lot of the kids on the local HS wrestling teams wear Ushankas at the tournaments between rounds to keep warm.

Bubonic Plague: Why a Doctor Invented the First Face Mask | by Regina Clarke | Medium

love the painting of Bruegel in there (thats Bruegel the elder)
little known fact, i was born some 4 miles from Bruegel (the city, not the elder)

however, the title of your article is dead wrong
in fact, it was Moses, by the Word of God, who wrote in Leviticus 13:45
And the leper in whom the plague is, his clothes shall be rent, and his head bare, and he shall put a covering upon his upper lip, and shall cry, Unclean, unclean.

of course, this is the sensible face mast, that you put on an infected person, not the kind of freedom robbing, liberty infringing, mind controlling face mask that we see today, this is the kind that actually helps prevent the spread of disease

The_Triumph_of_Death_by_Pieter_Bruegel_the_Elder.jpg

Your pretty good with scripture and if you don't mind me asking what religious group are you with. And I know Catholic, Mormon, 7th day and so on but I think your a bit different in your beliefs than main line Christianity.
You can PM me if you don't want to post it here or just not answer.

thanks, it seems to me that if one truly believes the Bible is God's living Word (which He claims is exalted even above His very Name) one would give it more then a cursory reading

of course, i also teach a sundayschool class (4th through 6th grade) and that kinda forces me to study the Bible a little more in debt

as far as differing from main line Christianity, im not sure if i do or not. (i'd love to hear what doctrine you have in mind that i differ on, i love a good discussion)

i like to believe i follow the Bible as the ultimate authority in my life, and it wouldnt be the first time that i came across a few verses that changed my mind on something

as far as Church affiliation, i believe the Baptist doctrines line up best with the Bible, so that is where i have my Church membership

feel free to shoot me a PM if you prefer to discuss these things in private, but i have no problem hashing them out in the open...or as Peter put its,be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

Jesus said the sign of an disciple is love, if i cant have a loving discussion with people i disagree with, im not helping anyone

(i always like to joke with the wife, that my life verse is Ephesians 4:15 "speaking the truth in love" im just not very good at remembering the latter part)

i think you are correct in not dividing the old testament from the new, as far as application goes, you and i are saved by looking at the completed work of Jesus Christ, just like Moses and Hezekiah were...only difference is, they looked ahead, and we look back at it.

as far as not believing in a Church, let me toss a verse at you, Ephesians 5:25 "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it"
of course the teaching here is the sacrificial love that men are to have for their wives, but did you ever stop to consider the implications of the example of Christ?

according to this verse, He gave Himself for the Church, so what does that say about those outside of the Church?
one could argue that this would place you outside of the group of people Christ gave Himself for
(im not going to make that argument, but it is something to ponder)

i will make this argument "without going to church, you will never be the person God intended you to be"
i make that argument based on Ephesians 4:11-13
" And he (that is Christ) gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:"

according to those verses, God wants you to be a perfect man, measuring up to Christ and in order to get you there, He (through Christ) gave gifts to the Church...among which, pastors

Now, this is the avenue that God provided for us to mature, and if we place ourselves outside of this avenue we will never reach that full potential

i agree with you that there is no biblical decree which states pastors or sundayschool teachers need a special education, but there is a pattern there
Moses spend 40 years in the desert before he lead the people out of Egypt
Paul spend 3 years in the desert after his conversion
and Apollos (remember him? he was one of the people whom the Corinthians followed) is said to have been...lemme just quote it, Acts 18:24-26
"And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly."

this man is said to have been "mighty in the scriptures" BEFORE Aquila and Priscilla took him in and taught him some more

so the leaders of the church are not to be unlearned, but i agree, they need to be taught in the proper way

there is one more point you brought up which i would love to address
one of my all time favorite characters from the old testament is Melchisedec
some say He was Christ incarnate before Christ was born (i do not think so, personally, but i cant be dogmatic)
now, how does he fit into this conversation?
you brought up the 501 C3, tax exemption status...did you know that is based on an encounter Abraham had with Melchisedec?

it is found in Genesis 14, but expounded upon in Hebrews 7
the story is simple, Abraham and the men of his house go to war to free his nephew Lot who is taken prisoner
Abraham overcomes and end up bringing back some plunder
on the way back to his house he is met by Melchisedec, and Abraham gives Him an offering, he basically pays him tithes
(Hebrews 7:7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better)
the tithe is given by the less to the better to show the position of the lesser

our founding fathers looked at this and said realized that we as a country are blessed by the Church, and since the Church was purchased by God, with Christ's own Blood, the state CAN NOT tax it (receive tithes) because the state is in fact, the lesser of the two

there, that oughta be good for some discussion

Last edited:
I think Diy should start a church thread :poke: ,ya know like the meme thread ,political thread like those .

Jesus said the sign of an disciple is love, if i cant have a loving discussion with people i disagree with, im not helping anyone

(i always like to joke with the wife, that my life verse is Ephesians 4:15 "speaking the truth in love" im just not very good at remembering the latter part)

i think you are correct in not dividing the old testament from the new, as far as application goes, you and i are saved by looking at the completed work of Jesus Christ, just like Moses and Hezekiah were...only difference is, they looked ahead, and we look back at it.

as far as not believing in a Church, let me toss a verse at you, Ephesians 5:25 "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it"
of course the teaching here is the sacrificial love that men are to have for their wives, but did you ever stop to consider the implications of the example of Christ?

according to this verse, He gave Himself for the Church, so what does that say about those outside of the Church?
one could argue that this would place you outside of the group of people Christ gave Himself for
(im not going to make that argument, but it is something to ponder)

i will make this argument "without going to church, you will never be the person God intended you to be"
i make that argument based on Ephesians 4:11-13
" And he (that is Christ) gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:"

according to those verses, God wants you to be a perfect man, measuring up to Christ and in order to get you there, He (through Christ) gave gifts to the Church...among which, pastors

Now, this is the avenue that God provided for us to mature, and if we place ourselves outside of this avenue we will never reach that full potential

i agree with you that there is no biblical decree which states pastors or sundayschool teachers need a special education, but there is a pattern there
Moses spend 40 years in the desert before he lead the people out of Egypt
Paul spend 3 years in the desert after his conversion
and Apollos (remember him? he was one of the people whom the Corinthians followed) is said to have been...lemme just quote it, Acts 18:24-26
"And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly."

this man is said to have been "mighty in the scriptures" BEFORE Aquila and Priscilla took him in and taught him some more

so the leaders of the church are not to be unlearned, but i agree, they need to be taught in the proper way

there is one more point you brought up which i would love to address
one of my all time favorite characters from the old testament is Melchisedec
some say He was Christ incarnate before Christ was born (i do not think so, personally, but i cant be dogmatic)
now, how does he fit into this conversation?
you brought up the 501 C3, tax exemption status...did you know that is based on an encounter Abraham had with Melchisedec?

it is found in Genesis 14, but expounded upon in Hebrews 7
the story is simple, Abraham and the men of his house go to war to free his nephew Lot who is taken prisoner
Abraham overcomes and end up bringing back some plunder
on the way back to his house he is met by Melchisedec, and Abraham gives Him an offering, he basically pays him tithes
(Hebrews 7:7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better)
the tithe is given by the less to the better to show the position of the lesser

our founding fathers looked at this and said realized that we as a country are blessed by the Church, and since the Church was purchased by God, with Christ's own Blood, the state CAN NOT tax it (receive tithes) because the state is in fact, the lesser of the two

there, that oughta be good for some discussion
Thought you were writing a book there for a moment lol

-
Back