Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Thanks Charlie I just watched a video looks like I need a special tool.
Is just Ford or are all that way now?
Not all I think. Ford was the one of the first. I have the tool but its been a while since I needed it. I think they do it for the parking brake. Im sure my local Carquest has a loaner tool.

Not all I think. Ford was the one of the first. I have the tool but its been a while since I needed it. I think they do it for the parking brake. Im sure my local Carquest has a loaner tool.
I'll go buy one might need it again someday.
Haven't had to put new brakes on a car in years and figures they would change things. lol

Well what a day so far I went to put new brake pads on the back of my 2012 Mazda and couldn't collapse the caliper to get the new pads in. Must be something I'm not doing right but never had a problem before with other cars.
I'm to cheap to take it to a shop so will have to read up and see what Ford did different if anything.
Fred the emergency brake leavers are attached to the Callipersyou need a brake tool to spin the Piston in while you turn it there will be a couple tits on the piston that the tool fits in so you push and turn as you go

I guess if I would’ve read further I wouldn’t had to tell you how to do it LOL most all new drum and hat rear brake set ups use the exact same thing just remember after you screw in the piston and put the new pads in ratchet the emergency break a dozen or more times before you push on the break pedal that winds the piston back out to the proper spot and doesn’t pull the guts out of the Piston internally now if it’s an electric parking brake there’s a whole other set of procedures to push the piston back

Those rear pistons are so small I had to buy a second kit just for them , my OTC kit didn’t have small enough adapters

I guess if I would’ve read further I wouldn’t had to tell you how to do it LOL most all new drum and hat rear brake set ups use the exact same thing just remember after you screw in the piston and put the new pads in ratchet the emergency break a dozen or more times before you push on the break pedal that winds the piston back out to the proper spot and doesn’t pull the guts out of the Piston internally now if it’s an electric parking brake there’s a whole other set of procedures to push the piston back
Thanks Biff no electric parking break so should be simple. Glad you told me about the E brake I would never have done that.
Sure is nice being on here with all you guys I learn new things all the time..Thanks.

Those rear pistons are so small I had to buy a second kit just for them , my OTC kit didn’t have small enough adapters
Looks like I'm off to the auto parts store on Monday. lol

Thanks Biff no electric parking break so should be simple. Glad you told me about the E brake I would never have done that.
Sure is nice being on here with all you guys I learn new things all the time..Thanks.
Your welcome. My dad always told me the hardest thing you’ll do is watch someone struggle so if I can help in anyway I’m glad .

Your welcome. My dad always told me the hardest thing you’ll do is watch someone struggle so if I can help in anyway I’m glad .
If you would have seen me struggle over a simple brake job this morning I think you would have slapped me silly. lol

so here is a nice one for you guys
last fall i finally spend the money on a nice bimini top for my boat

i havent even had a chance to take her out with the new top on it, but im excited about it

i ever build a lean too a few years back to park the boat under, and in the winter, the boat goes downstairs and i park the plow truck under the lean too

also also fall (after putting the boat away) i decided to extend the siding on the lean too out a little bit to make it look more finished

you can tell where it used to end, where i put the sheathing on

well, yesterday i got the boat back up and started getting her ready for the summer

put the plugs back in, ran her for a while, made sure all the jackets are in and...installed the bimini top again

(you cant tell in the picture, but i can "fold" it to where everything leans to the back and only the back two poles are still upright)

so i got her done, she's ready to hit the water and i decided to put her back under the lean too
it was at that point i realized that with the top up, i cant park it under the lean too anymore

at least i figured it out before the crunch happened

(i ordered a few thumbscrews to make it easier to pop it up and off)

20200709_150725.jpg

20201118_102952.jpg

20201118_131335.jpg

That sounds like a good idea Mark I need to go on a long drive soon.
How's the Cuda running?
Haven't had it out since we had that snow storm. The weather is lovely but waiting for some rain to wash the streets down. I heard they sprayed brine but just want to be sure. Worth the wait I think. Send some rain our way Fred.

Been a nice day really. It was touch and go whether you needed a jacket or not. Did a big clean up on the 300 finally.
I made some egg salad sandwiches for lunch and spent time on the deck for lunch.
Went for a walk then helped my neighbour with his trailer lights.
Now baking an apple pie and then will make supper as my wife is working in the garden having fun. We sat on the deck and both had a Maple Crown and coke. Went down real smooth. Tomorrow I may cut the grass again. Growing like a weed.

Another "iron butt" trip in the books, 712 miles today in 12 1/4 hours, including 2 gas stops, at least 1 additional bathroom stop, a 20 minute lunch stop, and 4 pick ups in the Edmonton area. Been a long day but it was a good run, crappy weather for about half of it, cold and wet snow/rain mix. Came back with a full car load.

Last edited:
You guys would **** if you knew how much money I technically made today. It can come out of my *** real fast just the same.

-
Back