Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Think about saving yourself 400 bucks for a new decent one and that might change your mind. You also have a rider too don't you? Blow those up and see what the bill is on an 18+ HP engine.

yup, its an huskee LT4200 with a B&S 18 HP intek engine

actually, funny story about that mower
like i said, this was about 15 years ago, and me and the wife were renting a house out in lowell
it had a nice backyard but the guy we rented it from required me to mow it

so, i was kinda on the look out for a riding mower

so me and the missus were walking downtown as we passed by a tractor supply company
and im looking at the mowers, and the price tag and they are all 1000, 1100, 1000, 500, 1200

500?
i wonder what the story is there
so i go in, and the sales person whats the deal with the 500 dollar mower out there ?

well, he says, we sold it earlier this spring and the brakes went out on it
so we fixed them, under warranty
then they went out again, and we fixed them again, but now the guy who bought it didnt trust it anymore, and so we took it back

long story short, im selling it half off, but with zero warranty

so i looked it over, and it had every thing i wanted (decent engine, hydrostatic transmission) well, everything except for a hitch, since i intended to pull my boat with it

so i tell the sales person, tell you what, throw in a 1 7/8 hitch and enough gas for me to drive it home and you got yourself a deal

that was 15 years ago, and i put in 2 batteries and one set of blades and that is ALL she ever needed

And the oil looks FINE

20210507_084219.jpg

like i said, this was about 15 years ago, and me and the wife were renting a house out in lowell

so me and the missus were walking downtown as we passed by a tractor supply company
and im looking at the mowers, and the price tag and they are all 1000, 1100, 1000, 500, 1200

500?
so i go in, and the sales person whats the deal with the 500 dollar mower out there ?

then they went out again, and we fixed them again, but now the guy who bought it didnt trust it anymore, and so we took it back

so i looked it over, and it had every thing i wanted (decent engine, hydrostatic transmission) well, everything except for a hitch, since i intended to pull my boat with it

so i tell the sales person, tell you what, throw in a 1 7/8 hitch and enough gas for me to drive it home and you got yourself a deal

that was 15 years ago, and i put in 2 batteries and one set of blades and that is ALL she ever needed

And the oil looks FINE

View attachment 1715734132
You got your money out of that mower for sure, 15 years and still running is great.

Sure is nice having a long weekend. I called off sick today because I didnt think yesterday was enough.
4 day weekend sounds like a good deal, wish you were closer to me I'd come get you and take you to see John with me and drink all his booze. lol

500?

And the oil looks FINE

View attachment 1715734132
I like the B&S and the Tecumseh engines the best. Easy to work on and easy to get parts and run forever if you maintain them. Those Chinese engines are awful. They start a surge and build the engine around them. A different meaning of Chinese Junk. LOL

This is Fergus. He's staying next door right now. First time I saw him he was 6 weeks old and now he's 9 months. Really friendly and if you stare at him he'll howl then run around the backyard like his tail was on fire. He had different coloured eyes when he was young
IMG_0346.jpg

Just got home from seeing SLO I'll post some pictures tomorrow this old man is sleeping in. lol

Morning guys. Hope everyone has had a good week.
Glad you got home safely Fred. Waiting to see the pictures.
Somehow I got back into servicing small engines again. Yesterday I serviced a Honda Mower, today I have an engine swap and a no start. They are for friends so really couldn't turn them down. See how I feel tomorrow.
Wife and I were out at the nursery yesterday and got potted plants and flowers to plant and some vegetables as well.
Don't forget Mother's Day tomorrow guys.

-
Back