Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Morning guys... and like Biff said "another gorgeous day". Getting really hot now but that's ok, been waiting for it.
I was in touch with FOG. He's really busy with the dog and hasn't even taken the cover off his Duster yet.
BTW.. this weekend is the Mopar Nationals. Coverage is on Fox at least in my area.
If you're going to record it add another 15 minutes to the recording time because it always goes over the 3 hrs

Bacon yuuumm. Nothing better than frying up 1/2 lb bacon then start snapping eggs in the fat over easy toast lots of butter not marg. Coffee black. Oh I can fell my arteries hardening as I type this. Excuse me fell a breakfast coming on slurp smack.

Bacon yuuumm. Nothing better than frying up 1/2 lb bacon then start snapping eggs in the fat over easy toast lots of butter not marg. Coffee black. Oh I can fell my arteries hardening as I type this. Excuse me fell a breakfast coming on slurp smack.
AKA "The Cardiac Attack Breakfast". At least you go with a smile on your face lol

Back in the day before I got sucked into a pension I had lots of jobs. Hell I even quit one on my 90th day. They handed me my medical insurance card and I gave it back saying kiss my ***. I would load my toolbox and have another job within a block or two. Those were the days and funny one employer called my new employer telling them I was her mechanic and they could not hire me. I remember the owner coming out to the shop and telling me that and then saying they must have made a good decision.

as i mentioned before, i've been slowly working on my "outdoor kitchen"

last year i put in a an electric cooktop
that is the ultimate weekend feeling
to be out there, having morning coffee, looking out over the pond smelling the bacon frying on the stove

and bonus, when i come home later, the house doesnt smell like bacon
(and dont get me wrong, i love the smell of bacon, but not id there isnt any)

as for the weather, we've had a few nice days, but its been raining a little bit and overcast today

i got about 1/3 of the way done on the roof
(the grey sections)

today, if no one gets in my way, ill start on the green slope
its a little intimidating getting that started because this will lead into a valley which i have never done before

sheds 2.jpg

20210519_121434.jpg

as i mentioned before, i've been slowly working on my "outdoor kitchen"

last year i put in a an electric cooktop
that is the ultimate weekend feeling
to be out there, having morning coffee, looking out over the pond smelling the bacon frying on the stove

and bonus, when i come home later, the house doesnt smell like bacon
(and dont get me wrong, i love the smell of bacon, but not id there isnt any)

as for the weather, we've had a few nice days, but its been raining a little bit and overcast today

i got about 1/3 of the way done on the roof
(the grey sections)

today, if no one gets in my way, ill start on the green slope
its a little intimidating getting that started because this will lead into a valley which i have never done before

View attachment 1715740090

View attachment 1715740091
That green piece and the valley should be done in one shot. That way you put your valley flashing on run shingles from green section long on to next roof then do other side of valley run long also then snap line from top to bottom cut and tar. Only nail on top edge of flashing roof cement the rest. My opinion

That green piece and the valley should be done in one shot. That way you put your valley flashing on run shingles from green section long on to next roof then do other side of valley run long also then snap line from top to bottom cut and tar. Only nail on top edge of flashing roof cement the rest. My opinion

thanks Joey (i'll have to read that about 3 times before i get it)

this is how i intended to run it (in my first picture with the green, i should have made this more clear)

so like you said, in and across the valley

now, since i am reshingling the roof, going over existing shingles soo i was not planning on adding a new flashing, since it is allready under the existing shingles

(so first green, then orange)

sheds 2.jpg

sheds 3.jpg

No shingling around here today, unless you are desperate, it's 32f and snowing now. Monday was 81f, sunny and a beautiful day, but it is the May long weekend coming up, so what better way to screw it up than to get a cold front, including a snowfall warning for some areas of Southern Alberta. (up to a foot of the white crap)
Did I mention that I am planning to go look at a motorcycle Saturday afternoon?

No shingling around here today, unless you are desperate, it's 32f and snowing now. Monday was 81f, sunny and a beautiful day, but it is the May long weekend coming up, so what better way to screw it up than to get a cold front, including a snowfall warning for some areas of Southern Alberta. (up to a foot of the white crap)
Did I mention that I am planning to go look at a motorcycle Saturday afternoon?

what kind of motorcycle?

i got a few sets of rims with studded tires on it for my dirtbikes, you are more then welcome to borrow them

looks decent to me

(the red line in the bottom picture shows where the ridge runs)

i had one issue where i had to step it back a little, and went the wrong way, so for 2 courses i ended up putting an extra tab in before i figured it out

20210520_110235.jpg

20210520_125408.jpg

20210520_133957.jpg

20210520_133957a.jpg

thanks Joey (i'll have to read that about 3 times before i get it)

this is how i intended to run it (in my first picture with the green, i should have made this more clear)

so like you said, in and across the valley

now, since i am reshingling the roof, going over existing shingles soo i was not planning on adding a new flashing, since it is allready under the existing shingles

(so first green, then orange)

View attachment 1715740094

View attachment 1715740095
You got a handle on it enough said

Now it's getting too hot and humid. Too quick and hard to climatize.
Had to cut the grass again today. Growing like mad.
Only got the front done and will do the back tomorrow. With it being so long it'll plug the mower up and then creates a big clean-up. Like a carpet though.

Now it's getting too hot and humid. Too quick and hard to climatize.
Had to cut the grass again today. Growing like mad.
Only got the front done and will do the back tomorrow. With it being so long it'll plug the mower up and then creates a big clean-up. Like a carpet though.
Yup in the 80`s here starting yesterday. That is why I didnt complain when we were still having frost at night a week ago.

Yup in the 80`s here starting yesterday. That is why I didnt complain when we were still having frost at night a week ago.
No kidding I set out to do 1 square a day on that roof...but it was way too hot today

I was wearing a black felt hat and at some point it looked like I was bleeding...turned out I was sweating the black off of my hat

Ya Mark I been a good boy.... Kinda...
Been busy but slowing down now. You got any car shows around to go to?
Kinda sorta huh... I'll leave it at that. lol
Actually our Provincial Premier is just starting to open up the Province very slowly starting today so hopefully the car shows will be in the very near future. They are opening up golf courses so I think we should be able to have car shows wearing PPE if that what it takes and I'm good with that.
Are you getting any of that snow Linc is getting? He's freezing and I'm sweating my nuts off LOL.. Have a great evening. Still getting a good sleep Fred?

Kinda sorta huh... I'll leave it at that. lol
Actually our Provincial Premier is just starting to open up the Province very slowly starting today so hopefully the car shows will be in the very near future. They are opening up golf courses so I think we should be able to have car shows wearing PPE if that what it takes and I'm good with that.
Are you getting any of that snow Linc is getting? He's freezing and I'm sweating my nuts off LOL.. Have a great evening. Still getting a good sleep Fred?
No snow here but if Linc gets snow then we might was 85* yesterday and 50* today.
Sleeping good thanks Mark I get up and walk to the local restaurant and have coffee with some neighbors just for fun.

-
Back