Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Looks like your Son has himself a nice home. It's refreshing to see a normal family enjoying their own company. I'm glad you had fun.
Thanks BP. Yeah it's a lovely place and out in the country. He does most of his hunting literally a short walk down the road and into the bush.

Last edited:
Back into a heatwave here, last week or two was rainy and low 60s, yesterday hit 90, today is expected to reach 95f.
YUP what you get, I get. 88 felt nice yesterday. Probably hit 90 today. I love the heat but 90 is pushing it. Could be worse. 117 in vegas.

Yea I figured and is outrageous. But with people moving in as fast as they are property value is way up.
You live in a great place and I hate to see it get over populated.
Got me a little slice of heaven for sure. A conservation group just bought an 800 acre parcel across the river from me so that is cool and a new big subdivision across the highway from it and they just approved another 200 houses on the other end of town.
There is a developer around here that is just going crazy but he builds some cool stuff. He just purchased some old grain elevators in downtown Kalispell and is turning them into apartments, bar and restaurant. He's also building a big restaurant in the middle of my town.
The guy gets stuff done. He just bought a big warehouse so he know he has all of the materials he needs to finish the job. He also has a manufacturing plant where he can prefab walls.

morning guys

remember that little pool that got turned into an ant farm the other day?

i started working on replacing it

that one was an inflatable one, and i seem to remember paying around 20 bucks for it, new, a few years ago

looks like now they are up to the 70 dollar range

i thought that was too much for an inflatable one, so i did some digging around and found a metal frame one with the same footprint (this will go in a hole in the deck, so the size is important)

i figured a framed one should last me a few years longer

so after i ordered it i got online looking for some accesories and i came across a guy who had a 40x17 solar cover for a pool he was getting rid off

i picked that up and cut it down to size yesterday (since my little pool is only 10x6.5) and decided to put the rest under the pool to keep it nice and leven and keep stuff from poking through

then i talked to a friend of mine who just got rid of their pool a little while ago and she said i could swing by and grab her pump for mine

so so far, it looks like im gonna be about $150 into it and be all set

so thats exciting (for the kids of course)

the whole thing should get here on thursday, which give me time to put a new cord on the pump since that got run over with a lawnmower

It's hot 86* here but not going to complain.
Cranked the A/C up in the house and will enjoy a nice glass of whiskey on ice.The hard part is deciding witch bottle to tap into.

Got me a little slice of heaven for sure. A conservation group just bought an 800 acre parcel across the river from me so that is cool and a new big subdivision across the highway from it and they just approved another 200 houses on the other end of town.
There is a developer around here that is just going crazy but he builds some cool stuff. He just purchased some old grain elevators in downtown Kalispell and is turning them into apartments, bar and restaurant. He's also building a big restaurant in the middle of my town.
The guy gets stuff done. He just bought a big warehouse so he know he has all of the materials he needs to finish the job. He also has a manufacturing plant where he can prefab walls.
Your town is growing to fast for me Buddy I'll stay right here for now.

morning guys

remember that little pool that got turned into an ant farm the other day?

i started working on replacing it

that one was an inflatable one, and i seem to remember paying around 20 bucks for it, new, a few years ago

looks like now they are up to the 70 dollar range

i thought that was too much for an inflatable one, so i did some digging around and found a metal frame one with the same footprint (this will go in a hole in the deck, so the size is important)

i figured a framed one should last me a few years longer

so after i ordered it i got online looking for some accesories and i came across a guy who had a 40x17 solar cover for a pool he was getting rid off

i picked that up and cut it down to size yesterday (since my little pool is only 10x6.5) and decided to put the rest under the pool to keep it nice and leven and keep stuff from poking through

then i talked to a friend of mine who just got rid of their pool a little while ago and she said i could swing by and grab her pump for mine

so so far, it looks like im gonna be about $150 into it and be all set

so thats exciting (for the kids of course)

the whole thing should get here on thursday, which give me time to put a new cord on the pump since that got run over with a lawnmower
Don't forget pictures when it's done Diy.

Don't forget pictures when it's done Diy.
Probably around Friday

Here's a teaser for ya though
That piece of aluminum bar laying there is what I pulled out of the cover reel

The section of cover I cut off will get folded up and used under the pool
I was planning on buying gym tiles for that, so im glad this worked out

20210614_170855.jpg

Probably around Friday

Here's a teaser for ya though
That piece of aluminum bar laying there is what I pulled out of the cover reel

The section of cover I cut off will get folded up and used under the pool
I was planning on buying gym tiles for that, so im glad this worked out

View attachment 1715751633