Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
morning fellers

Mark, doing anything special with the warden today?

found out one of my church brothers died yesterday

if i understand the event correctly he was on his way home from visiting with some other church members saturday nite, and he had to turn left to turn onto his street
i guess the car behind him didnt realize thats why he was slowing down (or perhaps he was driving a bit slow to begin with) but they tried to pass him by as he started to turn

didnt sound like a bad crash
he got out, walked around, got out of the street and was talking with the other driver
then he got dizzy, started vomiting and having seizures
he ended up getting send to one hospital, where they diagnosed him with a brain bleed and airlifted him to another hospital
he was on life support long enough for his family to come by and say their goodbyes and died around 7 last nite

if i remember correctly, he was 82, but he was the kind of guy in his 80s we all want to be, you know?
he was the kind of guy you'd want to have a around
and he took ownership of the church

just last thursday he called me, and asked me to take care of a plug on a vacuum cleaner that was a little loose

i would never have guessed that was gonna be the last time i would talk with him, this side of heaven
Sorry to hear that buddy sad indeed.

Afternoon guys been noticing my yard is lumpy and getting hard to walk on, so talked to a couple people in my area and they said it's earth worms and they will kill the grass.... ****!! now I gotta find a fix for that.

Afternoon guys been noticing my yard is lumpy and getting hard to walk on, so talked to a couple people in my area and they said it's earth worms and they will kill the grass.... ****!! now I gotta find a fix for that.
Mine got really bad with all of the rain. little eruptions everywhere. I dont think it will kill the grass though. Maybe find one of those water filled rollers.

523_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=A64fcwSlPLAAX_6bjj-&_nc_ht=scontent.fbis1-1.jpg

Mine got really bad with all of the rain. little eruptions everywhere. I dont think it will kill the grass though. Maybe find one of those water filled rollers.
Thanks I haven't looked anything up yet on how to fix my yard but I have a hard time believing worms are hard on grass, just what I heard from a neighbor.

Dig em up and take em fishing?

Reminds me of the old trick of putting electrified rods into the ground to force the worms out of the ground. Not sure if thats a real deal or not.
I remember watering the grass and going out at night with my grand father and picking up earth worms in the yard for fishing the next day. Good memories.

I think all you guys have seen my center console in my Scamp that I built. I got a pile of people that want me to make them one but just the fiber glass and would still need to trim it to fit a bit. Wondering what you all think I could sell them for.

Well, considering custom dashes used to fetch close to 1000
I bet 500 would be fair
Would that cover time and materials?

I have no Idea Fred. Id say figure out how much you think your time is worth plus materials. Dont sell yourself short. Price of everything just went up. I'm at 50 bucks an hour and people don't bat an eye.
Thanks buddy yea I sell myself short and need to get a pay check for my time.

Well, considering custom dashes used to fetch close to 1000
I bet 500 would be fair
Would that cover time and materials?
Yes it would plus I think. I'll have to build another and see what time and money it takes. Thanks....

Is this something long term Fred? You can really reduce your tax liability with a business write off.
Not sure if I want to get into making fiberglass parts as you well know how that is.
Mostly just unsure of my workmanship and how people will like my work.
I'll make 1 or 2 and see how they sell and go from there.
Wish you were closer buddy always better to have a friend helping.

Not sure if I want to get into making fiberglass parts as you well know how that is.
Yup. I think we could have some fun too.

Fiberglass doesnt bother my arms much any more but wearing a mask in the heat sure sucks.

-
Back