Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
20210710_113850.jpg
20210710_113816.jpg
20210710_114002.jpg

The white Falcon is currently running an LS powerplant, it was featured in Car Craft or Hot Rod recently, super clean car.

It was built in the states but the Malibu Concours was only built in Canada and people years past were deceptive and rebadged them SS because the body number was the same as the SS.
I honestly can say I've never seen one. Maybe I've walked right by one and didn't realize

I was under the impression that if the Pontiac in question had a Chevy motor in it, it was built in Canada if it had a Pontiac motor built in states.
In 77-78 Gm stuffed anything in anything. My wife's grandfather bought a brand new Olds 88 and had a 350 Chevy in it. He didn't know any difference but I did.

Thanks for the pics Linc....looks like a great day
Will be more fun and games on the streets tonight, I'll try and get some more if I can. I know there is an absolutely wicked 69 GTX in town for the weekend, and I saw it earlier today. Runs a blown 528 Hemi, tube chassis, tilt front end, just a nasty badass car. I think it comes from B.C. and I remember it was for sale a couple years back for 60 or 70k. It's been here many times.

I remember seeing disclaimers on GMs after they were sued when someone got an Olds engine in a Cadillac.
I think they claimed that is was a GM motor and they got away with it I think. The dirty tricks they have played during the years and the doors are still open.
Like the intake issue with the 3.1. GM completely exhausted their own supply of intake gaskets and exhausted all the jobbers as well and yet they still claimed there wasn't a problem with them. GM paid big time for that one in a multi class action lawsuit started at Nichols Motors (GM dealer) just 15 minutes down the road. They paid out 1.5 billion. Of course that is chicken scratch to them but at least the people got reimbursed for the repairs done.
I assume you know the Buick Envision and similar models are all built in China. Every single solitary piece is made in China. Wonder how long they will last? Not long I'm guessing

Will be more fun and games on the streets tonight, I'll try and get some more if I can. I know there is an absolutely wicked 69 GTX in town for the weekend, and I saw it earlier today. Runs a blown 528 Hemi, tube chassis, tilt front end, just a nasty badass car. I think it comes from B.C. and I remember it was for sale a couple years back for 60 or 70k. It's been here many times.
Is it a darker green? Everything is chrome under the hood and a huge lung on top of the engine. Something the same was built in Toronto and then he built the same thing in candy red with a big RoadRunner on the front doors.

Had a couple of those 3.1s, noisy buggers but ran ok. Heck my 76 Pontiac has an Olds engine in it, and I think you could get a Buick V6 or Chevy 305 or 250 in-line 6, but no Pontiac engine!

That sounds like the car. I was looking for a picture of it, I thought I had one. It went for big $$$$$
I'll try and get some pictures of it tonight or tomorrow, no doubt it'll be in the show, and I know that somewhere I have pictures of it from previous years. Just no idea where to start looking. Lol

Poker run was good, covered about 50 miles around the area, got a few more pictures, but I really enjoyed seeing the cars out on the road being driven. Even my wife said that she would rather see the classic cars out on the road than sitting on the grass.
My hand after 6 stops.
View attachment 1715763047
Hopefully I have a shot at a prize! Winner will be announced tomorrow at the show and shine.
Not bad but full house rarely wins at a snowmobile poker derby

You guys been busy today and that's great and will add more fun.
Went to a plane car show and didn't make it to see the cars but had a great time checking out planes and some were giving rides to everyone.
20210710_092744.jpg
20210710_083554.jpg
20210710_084312.jpg
20210710_084012.jpg

-
Back