Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
I think I told you guys that my son hit a deer with his Equinox a couple of weeks ago. There wasn't too much damage but both airbags triggered but didn't go off. They just contacted him yesterday and said it was a write-off. He'll get more than he paid for it for sure.
I hate replacing air bags they destroy the dash and headliner.

Almost destroyed my wife as well. Not a major collision but air bags went off. She looked like I beat the hell out of her. Understand she’s still here but holy crap
The first generation air bags were the worse. I worked at the port in Washington and worked on the new import cars that came off the ships and if the cars were damaged to much we would blow the air bags pull the gas tanks and take the car to the crusher. I did lots that way and remember we had 50 at one time we destroyed. We blew the air bags with a 9 volt battery from a distance and would about rip the windshield right out of the cars. Defiantly shook the hell out of them.

Just checked satellite and radar images it’s moving east looks like we’ll be getting more also. Maybe another snow day I hope stay home and play with the wife.
Don't know what that's like anymore but do remember chasing my wife around the house.

Catch me catch me tee hee
Now ya got me wanting to go to Walmart and chase all the girls through the store.
At my age I'll have to use a Walmart electric shopping cart so I have a chance to keep up.

Warming up a little here. Getting some of missing lincs weather. That should help with the painting today. Lost my heat yesterday just at the end of the base coat application. Had to overhaul the thermostat, AGAIN. Its a line voltage thermostat on a radiant gas tube heater. I need to see if there is a better way to switch this thing. I.e. a non contact switch for line voltage. Gotta be something out there.

Meanwhile, I did a little sanding this morning on some funny spots and I am applying some more color as I type. Time to huff some paint. You all have a good day. :)

mqdefault.jpg

Warming up a little here. Getting some of missing lincs weather. That should help with the painting today. Lost my heat yesterday just at the end of the base coat application. Had to overhaul the thermostat, AGAIN. Its a line voltage thermostat on a radiant gas tube heater. I need to see if there is a better way to switch this thing. I.e. a non contact switch for line voltage. Gotta be something out there.

Meanwhile, I did a little sanding this morning on some funny spots and I am applying some more color as I type. Time to huff some paint. you all have a good day. :)
Have fun Charlie and pictures when the smoke clears out.

For me the electric cart would need defibrillator in also in case I caught one
Used those a lot when I was driving ambulance. If I have a hart attack now I would just put my finger in a light socket it works pretty good. lol

Ain't broke 30 here so I guess my plan of waiting for warmer temps didnt happen. Got it shot though. Pics never do justice nor show the mistakes. I'll just leave it at that. It'll work for this old truck. 5 sprayable quarts of clear later.

20211113_133445.jpg

20211113_133502.jpg

Ain't broke 30 here so I guess my plan of waiting for warmer temps didnt happen. Got it shot though. Pics never do justice nor show the mistakes. I'll just leave it at that. It'll work for this old truck. 5 sprayable quarts of clear later.

View attachment 1715819618

View attachment 1715819619
That's a a good amount of clear if you need to buff it but looks good from here. Nice work as always.

I hate replacing air bags they destroy the dash and headliner.
For some reason the bags didn't go off but the guy said it triggered the ones up front. I know nothing about them. The insurance company has offered 2000 more than what he paid for it though. I said show them the 1000 dollar repair bill from 6 months ago and see it they cover that as well, They can only say no

For some reason the bags didn't go off but the guy said it triggered the ones up front. I know nothing about them. The insurance company has offered 2000 more than what he paid for it though. I said show them the 1000 dollar repair bill from 6 months ago and see it they cover that as well, They can only say no
This is how it works mark. There are 2 separate sensors. One can be triggered and not the other and the bags will not go off but the sensor still needs to be replaced and some of them are a $1000

Air bags suck sometimes they go off for no big reason and other times they don't go off when they should.
Depends on if you have your seat belt on and even that has an explosive to tighten up the belt. I personally would rather fly out the windshield and hope for the best. lol

-
Back