Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Good morning guys, 1st day back to work after 4 days off wish me luck :realcrazy:

Working on a rear wheel bearing on a Lincoln mkx what a stupid design, theres a tone ring on the rear axle and the head of the bolts wont fit by it so you basically take apart that rear side of the suspension. Silly

20211115_101011.jpg

Working on a rear wheel bearing on a Lincoln mkx what a stupid design, theres a tone ring on the rear axle and the head of the bolts wont fit by it so you basically take apart that rear side of the suspension. Silly
They must have blown the light bulb thinking that one up

Was basically sunny most of the day but was cold and windy. At least the snow didn't last long. Tomorrow I'm going over to my buddies place and help put his 65 Goat away. We manage to get his goat and his 99 Cavalier in a car and a half garage with room for his snowblower down the middle.

Well my electric garage heater is not putting out any heat after the power outage. I checked all the connections and seems all is good there. Fan comes on but no heat on 5000 watt or 7500 watt so guessing the element burned out.

It’s getting old the river’s are all maxed and still raining hasn’t stopped feels like a month now .
I saw on the news today that mainland BC was getting hit pretty hard with land slides and flooding due to all the rain. Some body prayed too hard when you were hit with all the forest fires a few months back.RJ

Well my electric garage heater is not putting out any heat after the power outage. I checked all the connections and seems all is good there. Fan comes on but no heat on 5000 watt or 7500 watt so guessing the element burned out.
Check for thermo couple had that happen before

20211115_090628.jpg

This pea soup fog lasted until about 11am, then the temperature rocketed up to 60*F by 2 pm, still 55* now but wind expected to top 60 mph tonight, dropping the temperature down to the 30s with rain/snow possible for tomorrow. Can't wait.

View attachment 1715820877
This pea soup fog lasted until about 11am, then the temperature rocketed up to 60*F by 2 pm, still 55* now but wind expected to top 60 mph tonight, dropping the temperature down to the 30s with rain/snow possible for tomorrow. Can't wait.
Fog here for 2 days now but not as thick as your's.

Fred, is that a 240v heater on a breaker or fuses. If fused, sometimes it has 2 fuses in holder and one could be blown. I'm not electrician but can do minor fixes. If you need a hand , I could come up.

Fred, is that a 240v heater on a breaker or fuses. If fused, sometimes it has 2 fuses in holder and one could be blown. I'm not electrician but can do minor fixes. If you need a hand , I could come up.
Thanks Gary. I looked for a fuse or breaker in the heater and nothing I could see. I looked the heater up on the internet and nothing I could find on any type of fuse. I have back up heat in the garage so will take the heater down and I guess tear it apart and check the heating elements. I checked breaker in the shop fuse box and checked the wires also and it all looks good. Thermostat on the heater is working and the fan kicks in so thinking the heating element is shot. It's only been in the shop running for a year and a half since new and maybe it is just to small for the size of the garage and over loaded?

I saw on the news today that mainland BC was getting hit pretty hard with land slides and flooding due to all the rain. Some body prayed too hard when you were hit with all the forest fires a few months back.RJ
258 mm in roughly 4days that almost 11in.yup super chitty

Wind blowing hard. Power went out for a flash. No land line or cable tv but i have internet. Not sure how that is still up. Cold front coming in.
Got above 50 today, Got some unexpected work done outside. Weather proofed my compressor shack a little better. Heard some thunder last night.

Well it haven’t rained for 3hours :thumbsup: now it’s supposed to freeze tonight its 2 deg right now it’s gonna be a mess in the morning :BangHead:

An electrician once told me to shut the main breaker off when then power goes out. So many power surges that chances are something will get wiped.

Did you try ohming out the element? Disconnect the element from the circuit, and check out how many ohms your meter reads. 0 ohms, it's shorted internally. Infinity ohms, the element has an open, and is toast.

Did you try ohming out the element? Disconnect the element from the circuit, and check out how many ohms your meter reads. 0 ohms, it's shorted internally. Infinity ohms, the element has an open, and is toast.
Not an electrician either but I would almost bet on a thermocouple. Like a breaker it shuts the power down when the unit over heats some reset automatically some you need to push a reset button an some you need replace. A lot like a fuseable link in your car.

-
Back