Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
upload_2021-11-16_3-43-46.gif

Well my electric garage heater is not putting out any heat after the power outage. I checked all the connections and seems all is good there. Fan comes on but no heat on 5000 watt or 7500 watt so guessing the element burned out.
Is there a reset button by change. Or maybe unplug and plug back in just like your computer LOL

View attachment 1715820877
This pea soup fog lasted until about 11am, then the temperature rocketed up to 60*F by 2 pm, still 55* now but wind expected to top 60 mph tonight, dropping the temperature down to the 30s with rain/snow possible for tomorrow. Can't wait.
When I was a kid living in England. We lived near London and without any exaggeration I would walk to school which was only a few blocks away but you literally couldn't see your hand in front of your face. I'd have to run my hand along the hedges and walls and count the streets because of what they called fog but actually it was smog from all the coal being burned. Everyone burned it.
My mom would wash the bedsheets and they'd be nice and white. She'd hang them outside to dry and they'd come back in a grey colour.
No wonder people died of cancer.

When I was a kid living in England. We lived near London and without any exaggeration I would walk to school which was only a few blocks away but you literally couldn't see your hand in front of your face. I'd have to run my hand along the hedges and walls and count the streets because of what they called fog but actually it was smog from all the coal being burned. Everyone burned it.
My mom would wash the bedsheets and they'd be nice and white. She'd hang them outside to dry and they'd come back in a grey colour.
No wonder people died of cancer.
That’s so amazing, not that I doubt you but really? WOW

100% true
Only had that once, was working in a hording with an open burner propane heater. Came out of the hording after work nose was stuffy, blew it Kleenex was just black. I refused to go back in there the next day 5 of the 7 bricklayers were with me. They changed out the heaters for better but more costly ones. Money talks.

Not an electrician either but I would almost bet on a thermocouple. Like a breaker it shuts the power down when the unit over heats some reset automatically some you need to push a reset button an some you need replace. A lot like a fuseable link in your car.
Oh I understand what your saying now. Mine appears to not have a reset of any kind on it.

Oh I understand what your saying now. Mine appears to not have a reset of any kind on it.
Then it probably has a replaceable thermocouple. In any case if it’s an overheat issue that has to be addressed be fore you put it back into service. If you can disconnect it from AC power supply you could use a battery and test light to check switch

Then it probably has a replaceable thermocouple. In any case if it’s an overheat issue that has to be addressed be fore you put it back into service. If you can disconnect it from AC power supply you could use a battery and test light to check switch
I'll disconnect it and put it on the bench after work tonight and check it over. Gotta feeling I'm gonna need a new heater.

They’re not that complicated not like an electrician would have you believe. Smoked wire is a dead giveaway, and a ohm meter will be very helpful
I think your right and the thermo copler if that's what it's called is bad. I just went out the the garage and powered up the heater and it use to make a clicking noise when it came on but not anymore.

I think your right and the thermo copler if that's what it's called is bad. I just went out the the garage and powered up the heater and it use to make a clicking noise when it came on but not anymore.
Thermocouple, electric kettles use them kettle boils shuts off, when temperature gets low enough it comes back on. Heaters usually have the replacement kind because something made it overheat and you don’t want it coming back on till the problem is solved. Used to get that kind of stuff at Radio Shack, but I use the net and ground shipping usually two days

Thermocouple, electric kettles use them kettle boils shuts off, when temperature gets low enough it comes back on. Heaters usually have the replacement kind because something made it overheat and you don’t want it coming back on till the problem is solved. Used to get that kind of stuff at Radio Shack, but I use the net and ground shipping usually two days
Oh ya they crimp into circuit if you try to solder them you will pop the thermocouple rendering it fubar

-
Back