Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Fred, it’s Jan. 11th. You can’t honestly tell me that you think there is a chance you won’t have to blow snow again this year. If so I’ll take that bet.
Might get lucky, lol
Think I need a new snow blower soon the one I have is real old and the new blowers I've looked at are junk.

Might get lucky, lol
Think I need a new snow blower soon the one I have is real old and the new blowers I've looked at are junk.
I have a arein 13.5 hp walk behind for light days, and a 165 high wheel Massey with loader for heavy days. When I am purchasing anything these days being in my sixties I have to consider the fact of how long do I need this thing to last. Do I need these items I buy to last 40 years don’t think so. I try to buy enough quality to be the last ones Both are good units and hopefully the last ones

I have a arein 13.5 hp walk behind for light days, and a 165 high wheel Massey with loader for heavy days. When I am purchasing anything these days being in my sixties I have to consider the fact of how long do I need this thing to last. Do I need these items I buy to last 40 years don’t think so. I try to buy enough quality to be the last ones Both are good units and hopefully the last ones
I'll check out the Arein thanks.
True I'll be 66 come September and don't know how long I'll be blowing snow. I am in good health so far "knock on wood"

My arein is 12 years never missed a beat a belt, gas, oil and go. It’s even got heated handgrips
Just looking at them on line don't really know if I need anything real big just to do my driveway but over powered is better than under powered.

As a rule of thumb when it comes to outdoor equipment...if it is rated in HP it is decent
If it is rated in cc it is junk

As a rule of thumb when it comes to outdoor equipment...if it is rated in HP it is decent
If it is rated in cc it is junk
Mine is an old John Deere 832 with a 32 inch cut and I stuffed a China made 212cc engine on it thinking I might get a few years out of it but 6 years so far and under powered and I'm not easy on it and it starts easy and runs great I consider it luck on the engine and the blower as it's real old.

id have to look it up, mine is sitting in the shed and quite frankly hasnt been touched since i bought the plow truck

but i remember before i got it i had one that was 20 years old when i got it
it was given me by a coworker who never used it and had it sitting outside for a few years

cleaned the carb, some fresh fuel and it ran great for 2 years
then it broke a valve retainer

replaced those and ran it another few years before the crank split
if i remember correctly it was 28 years old at that time

so i replaced it with a newer craftsman however many cc it was
what a piece of junk that was

it was so louzy, it came with a tool to clear the shoot
this thing was such a piece of crap, it was designed to fail and rather then fix the issue (the shoot clogging up) they decided to include a tool to clear it

garbage

i ended up giving that one to my neighbours and bought another older one...in HP

(lemme see if i can find a pic)

Morning, all the snow is melting,20/30mm of rain forecast everyday till Sunday there talking more flooding with the snow melt thank goodness I’m on high ground.

Morning, all the snow is melting,20/30mm of rain forecast everyday till Sunday there talking more flooding with the snow melt thank goodness I’m on high ground.
Gonna need a row boat to get to work soon.

True. As a holder of a class 1AS commercial drivers license I am required to have a complete physical, the whole kit and kaboodle every 2 years. So far so good. Soon it will be every year if I want to keep the license
But do they check your skin? Best way to stop a melanoma before it gets a grip on you. My late Brother-in-Law died at 63 with melanoma and landed up with brain cancer. They checked him from head to foot and found nothing and figured it went in through his eye. Have to be so careful and pro active with your health. Can be nasty stuff.

Might get lucky, lol
Yeah have to watch out for Chinese junk these days. They've flooded the market with it. Try and stick with Briggs if you can. At least they're made in the U.S. (or used to be lol) They also have a track drive which I hear aren't so good either. Lots of choices and people just overwilling to take your money. Probably at least a 10 hp or 12hp would be good for your property. BTW a lot of the engines now have the CC only on them. Simply divide the CC by 30 and that'll give you the HP rating or very close. For instance if it says 308 that's a 10 hp. If you can possibly wait a bit longer the later in the season you'll get a better price because they'll want to unload them instead of storing them and costing money.

Yeah have to watch out for Chinese junk these days. They've flooded the market with it. Try and stick with Briggs if you can. At least they're made in the U.S. (or used to be lol) They also have a track drive which I hear aren't so good either. Lots of choices and people just overwilling to take your money. Probably at least a 10 hp or 12hp would be good for your property. BTW a lot of the engines now have the CC only on them. Simply divide the CC by 30 and that'll give you the HP rating or very close. For instance if it says 308 that's a 10 hp. If you can possibly wait a bit longer the later in the season you'll get a better price because they'll want to unload them instead of storing them and costing money.
Thanks Mark good advice.

39D7FD2C-23A7-4BD5-855A-6CE82E162A43.jpeg
Please let me know

Morning guys and Happy Hump Day and Happy Birthday to me LOL.
73 today and still think I'm 25 at times but get reminded really quick I'm not LOL
At least it's going to be 3C today with either some rain or snow or mixed.
Back in the freezer for the weekend though.
Have a great day and be safe and keep well.

In my extensive research, I have found that it depends largely on the type of dispenser. Free wheeling type, like the one shown in example, under tends to be the best choice. With this method you can easily extract the correct amount from the roll with a simple snap of the wrist. Putting it over you end up needing to use two hands or you end up with a large pile on the floor. Floating axle type, because of the braking action produced as roll rubs on wall one hand usage is obtained in either method. So both ways are acceptable. LMAO.

-
Back