Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Taco salad for dinner tonight a few hot Jalapenos with sour cream and salsa. Desert will be 3 Oreo cookies and the movie Red Dawn that I haven't seen in years. 11 below so a good day to climb under a blanket and watch a movie and fall asleep till it warms up.

1410AF3A-B3E8-4793-97D9-8DDD81816FF5.jpeg

Still figuring what there worth that's why I ask you all thinking maybe some of you would know.
Hard to tell. If it's all original and runs good, I'd say it's worth 4000. I had one just like it in 1981. Paid 1200 for it. It ran perfectly.

Hard to tell. If it's all original and runs good, I'd say it's worth 4000. I had one just like it in 1981. Paid 1200 for it. It ran perfectly.
Hate to pass up a good deal but I know little about the Willy's .
Thanks for the feed back Charlie it helps.

My son in Missouri has a neighbor gal that her husband died over 2 years ago and wants to sell this 42 whillys that was restored and runs fine she said but sitting and full of dust inside a pole building. Husband use to drive it and has a clean title for $4000.
I'd love to have one but asking you all what you think.... Pictures on the way.
if it was her late husbands car, i think if i wanted it id just pay her the 4K

not sure if id keep/trust the roll bar though

I also had a YJ body Wrangler. Fun to put around in but pretty useless vehicles.

Last edited:
Morning guys and Happy Hump Day.
A balmy -18 and a -24 windchill this morning.
Another cold but sunny day.
Had a big shock yesterday, a house just down the street and basically the same as ours except no garage just sold for 1,000,000. The bad news is that it will probably be another double rental. It listed for 650,000. They price them low to get interest.
Have a great day, I know the neighbours are lol

Had a big shock yesterday, a house just down the street and basically the same as ours except no garage just sold for 1,000,000. The bad news is that it will probably be another double rental. It listed for 650,000. They price them low to get interest.
Well, that made me feel good (I am in negotiations to buy a double rental for roughly half that)

Well, that made me feel good (I am in negotiations to buy a double rental for roughly half that)
Things are just nuts here and living close to Toronto brings the prices up too.
We bought for 155,000 in 97 and now getting that kind of money? Just crazy but great when we sell in about 20 years.

The land and housing prices have exploded around here also. When I was in the market, it was a buyer’s market. You could usually swing a better deal for yourself with a little negotiation. But now it’s a seller’s market with bidding wars going on, can’t believe what some of the property’s are going for around here. The property next door to me was one of the local Dr.’s, pool, shop, basketball court, early 80’s 1300 sq. Ft double attached nice place but $950,000 two miles from asphalt. Made me go woo hoo. But then thought what am I going to buy that will be as good or better than where I am. Then have all the work of moving all my junk. No the next place I move will be the 21 sq ft one room apartment.

I also had a YJ body Wrangler. Fun to put around in but pretty useless vehicles.

and they are tiny

i used to have an 87 bronco
that thing would dwarf jeeps

(in fact, that bronco was so big, i was able to mount a yukon XL rear seat in the trunk area to add a 3rd row and fit the entire family in there)

Things are just nuts here and living close to Toronto brings the prices up too.
We bought for 155,000 in 97 and now getting that kind of money? Just crazy but great when we sell in about 20 years.

all that truly does is show how little your dollar is worth now, compared to then

not sure if it would help to sell in 20 years unless you are doing some serious downsizing

-
Back