Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Been to a lot of chimney fires when I was a fireman and first lesson I learned when the fire is out don't go looking down the chimney till it cools down. Don't ask me how I know that. lol
Had one ONCE, I always have two 2’ft tall fire extinguishers in shop at all times. Heard the rumbling looked out side yup chimney fire ripped clean out door off chimney and discharged both extinguishers up flue. Fire out except crap below clean out door poured water on that. Flue liner was fubar, rebuilding a chimney in January not fun. Most of it is inside but you know shingles, flashing, hording and heating. Lesson learned don’t go by time line use a mirror, look up clean out regularly

Had one ONCE, I always have two 2’ft tall fire extinguishers in shop at all times. Heard the rumbling looked out side yup chimney fire ripped clean out door off chimney and discharged both extinguishers up flue. Fire out except crap below clean out door poured water on that. Flue liner was fubar, rebuilding a chimney in January not fun. Most of it is inside but you know shingles, flashing, hording and heating. Lesson learned don’t go by time line use a mirror, look up clean out regularly
In the fire dept. we used sandwich bags filled with baking soda and tossed them in the stove or down the chimney. Worked well and not as messy.

In the fire dept. we used sandwich bags filled with baking soda and tossed them in the stove or down the chimney. Worked well and not as messy.
Thanks for the tip. Hopefully I’ll never have to find out. Being a residential bricklayer I inspected quite a few masonry chimney after a fire not one was in my opinion useable. The liners can take the heat but the rapid cooling during when the fire is put out cracks them. Steel chimney not much better the heat warps the crap out of them. Best just use mirror trick and keep it clean.

Thanks for the tip. Hopefully I’ll never have to find out. Being a residential bricklayer I inspected quite a few masonry chimney after a fire not one was in my opinion useable. The liners can take the heat but the rapid cooling during when the fire is put out cracks them. Steel chimney not much better the heat warps the crap out of them. Best just use mirror trick and keep it clean.
Tried laying bricks for a chimney once and learned a good lesson 1- Learn how to do it before I try 2- screw it and let someone that knows how do it build it. Real art in laying bricks takes a lot of patience witch I don't have. lol

upload_2022-2-22_8-55-15.gif

Tried laying bricks for a chimney once and learned a good lesson 1- Learn how to do it before I try 2- screw it and let someone that knows how do it build it. Real art in laying bricks takes a lot of patience witch I don't have. lol
Me either but the materials don’t fight back

Fred it was nice and warm last week but we got a bit of a cold snap passing though this week and got down to 48* Really put a damper on my BBQ lastnight I had to wear sweats AND a hoodie while grilling.... ugh

Fred it was nice and warm last week but we got a bit of a cold snap passing though this week and got down to 48* Really put a damper on my BBQ lastnight I had to wear sweats AND a hoodie while grilling.... ugh
Morning MM. I’m surprised you own pants living where your at:poke:

I've got one gas fireplace downstairs and an electric one in the living room. No muss no fuss. (I think)

If someone brings up a subject keep the religion out of it!!!!
The subject was "sin"
Unless we're speaking Spanish here, that pretty much implies we're talking religion

Now, about those gas fireplaces
They rock

I got one in the living room, and it's kept my but nice and toasty through a few power outages

If someone brings up a subject keep the religion out of it!!!!
Religion and politics. No wining either argument you believe what you believe and I believe what I believe. If I want to know anything about what you believe I’ll ask. No mentioning a subject, no thinking I mentioned a subject. If I want to know anything about your beliefs I’ll ask flat out ok

-
Back