Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Back to the snow and cold again, only 9* now, forecast is 20* but I don't think it is going to happen. Expecting below freezing all week, plus we have about 6 inches of snow in the last 36 hours, powdery, but still snow.
Enough already.

Hi guys.... been sunny on and off today. My wife and I sat outside for a while and wasn't bad till the sun went in.
Our discussion about Vit D this morning, I saw on the news this morning that the University of Calgary did a 10 year study with 10,000 people. They found that taking vitamin D reduced the chances of getting Alzheimer's and Dementia but 40%. I'll see how much they recommend daily if I can find it.

The DRIs for vitamin D
Age groupRecommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) per dayTolerable Upper Intake Level (UL) per day
Infants 0-6 months400 IU (10 mcg)

symbol_asterisk.gif
1000 IU (25 mcg)
Infants 7-12 months400 IU (10 mcg)
symbol_asterisk.gif
1500 IU (38 mcg)
Children 1-3 years600 IU (15 mcg)2500 IU (63 mcg)
Children 4-8 years600 IU (15 mcg)3000 IU (75 mcg)
Children and Adults
9-70 years
600 IU (15 mcg)4000 IU (100 mcg)
Adults > 70 years800 IU (20 mcg)4000 IU (100 mcg)
Pregnancy & Lactation600 IU (15 mcg)4000 IU (100 mcg)
But notice it says "If Tolerable"

Well **** it’s late was nice all day but cold wind bringing the rain ! Work is awsome still getting a lesson in hydraulics fun !

Well **** it’s late was nice all day but cold wind bringing the rain ! Work is awsome still getting a lesson in hydraulics fun !
Funny how the attitude toward lessons changes from grade school to adulthood. First noticed that when I went to trade school and was paying out of pocket for lessons, made paying attention a lot easier lmao

Morning guys and Happy Tuesday.
Looks like Oshawa (the city where I live) isn't just a sleepy place.
This picture was taken on Sunday right at the 4 corners.

330528295_544919047736515_3510574304805901748_n.jpg

Morning fellas almost late for work today good thing I leave myself a half hour cars time. My ramp from the north freeway to the east was closed for some reason

Been nice and sunny but a nasty N W wind blowing around 40mph all day.
I did walk down to the store 3 blocks away but glad when I got home.
Son-in-Law had a Cochlear Implant done in Toronto today. Takes 2- 2.5 hours to perform and then he had to get x-rays and now on the way home 2.5 hours away.
He was born hard of hearing and his hearing go worse and worse right down to nothing even with a high output hearing aid. His two sisters will be going for the same surgery. It's a hereditary thing.
My daughter doesn't need it. Although she is profoundly deaf she does very well with just one hearing aid and lip reading. We talk to her all the time on Facetime and Messenger.

Got about 15 grouse that bedded down in my yard tonight. Funny watching them out the window. They find a spot and dig a hole in the snow so nothing but there heads stick out. Tried to get a picture but can't see much.
Been working this week at the bodyshop trying to make enough money to stay afloat. New OEM parts come in almost daily and the quality has gone down hill tremendously.
Windshields almost tripled in price and have to wait forever for new parts.

Got about 15 grouse that bedded down in my yard tonight. Funny watching them out the window. They find a spot and dig a hole in the snow so nothing but there heads stick out. Tried to get a picture but can't see much.
Been working this week at the bodyshop trying to make enough money to stay afloat. New OEM parts come in almost daily and the quality has gone down hill tremendously.
Yup parts are really sucking. Hope materials dont dry up.

Ruffed grouse or sharp tail?

They all bury them selves in the snow. Sharp tail have exactly that a sharp tail
Ruffies have a broad tails and smaller but much tastier black headed ones are spruce grouse grey or white headed ones are ruffed grouse which are white meat spruce are dark meat

Ruffies have a broad tails and smaller but much tastier black headed ones are spruce grouse grey or white headed ones are ruffed grouse which are white meat spruce are dark meat
Black head for sure.

Yes sharp tail you treat like a farm chicken or butcher for parts like I do. Ruffies stand on wings pull feet breast pops out, cut that out take drums and do
Cheap meat for sure I could get about 5 with a shot gun tonight with one shot.
Think best not to to many neighbors and don't think they care but not gonna find out.

-
Back