Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
So I made some lemon aide out of Lemons. Figured the DMV would be a ghost town today so I transferred title and got my antique tag today for the Demon. Dang state charged me almost 500 bucks for a plate. Took me maybe ten minutes!
Geez that's expensive. Our Historical plate costs 40 bucks and then the sticker every year is 18 bucks. Transfer a title is 35 bucks. Is that the normal price or did they bend you over the counter?

Geez that's expensive. Our Historical plate costs 40 bucks and then the sticker every year is 18 bucks. Transfer a title is 35 bucks. Is that the normal price or did they bend you over the counter?
When your face down on the bed it ain't love baby!
It was what they call an excise tax. I would call it something very different........

When your face down on the bed it ain't love baby!
It was what they call an excise tax. I would call it something very different........
Ok so that is the same as our GST (Gouge and Screw Tax) aka HST now. Would be interesting to see how much tax a car produces during it's lifetime right to the time when that part is sold at a wrecking yard.

Well guys...throw another log on the fire and snuggle up to the other half and keep warm. Fred just eat a can of chili and you'll be fine. Cya tomorrow. Goodnight

So I made some lemon aide out of Lemons. Figured the DMV would be a ghost town today so I transferred title and got my antique tag today for the Demon. Dang state charged me almost 500 bucks for a plate. Took me maybe ten minutes!
Should of lied to them on the price you paid for it I always do. Tell them the car was cheap but the engine was not in it and you bought them separate. No tax on the engine just the body.
I am a bad boy but what the hell.

Well guys...throw another log on the fire and snuggle up to the other half and keep warm. Fred just eat a can of chili and you'll be fine. Cya tomorrow. Goodnight
Don't need chili Mark I like the cold I sleep better.
Looks like I been in North Dakota to long. lol

Should of lied to them on the price you paid for it I always do. Tell them the car was cheap but the engine was not in it and you bought them separate. No tax on the engine just the body.
I am a bad boy but what the hell.
Out of state transfer had to show bill of sale! The POS I bought it from was not my kind of guy. He was a slime ball. Brad Sargent from Michigan. He pulled battery, carb, fuel pump etc. then had car hauler winch it on trailer. He sold it to me as a running driving car. And I quote just turn key and she fires right up ready to drive. Motor was installed with one bolt. I can go on and on. But there is no point. I took him at his word and bought it from him on Mopar swap shop sight unseen. Lesson learned I reckon. My first time likely my last.

All the under coat is off the front inners and ready to put some POR-15 on the rust spots then bed line them.
I got sand in my pants and shoes AGAIN.

Out of state transfer had to show bill of sale! The POS I bought it from was not my kind of guy. He was a slime ball. Brad Sargent from Michigan. He pulled battery, carb, fuel pump etc. then had car hauler winch it on trailer. He sold it to me as a running driving car. And I quote just turn key and she fires right up ready to drive. Motor was installed with one bolt. I can go on and on. But there is no point. I took him at his word and bought it from him on Mopar swap shop sight unseen. Lesson learned I reckon. My first time likely my last.
Slime ball indeed should go kick his *** and see if he fires up after that.

5:00 Time to warm up just made me a drink. My son is making dinner and life is good but need a shower and a shave.

That sucks. Why do people have to be like that?
Unfortunately, that's also why I have personally gone and picked up every car, including parts cars, myself.
Texas three times, Indiana, Georgia, Wisconsin and Twin Cities.
One time I even drove to central Ohio to pick up a complete 8 3/4 rear end with 3.91 suregrip.
Yes, I have trust issues when it comes to spending my hard earned money.

That sucks. Why do people have to be like that?
Unfortunately, that's also why I have personally gone and picked up every car, including parts cars, myself.
Texas three times, Indiana, Georgia, Wisconsin and Twin Cities.
One time I even drove to central Ohio to pick up a complete 8 3/4 rear end with 3.91 suregrip.
Yes, I have trust issues when it comes to spending my hard earned money.
Not to many people with your back bone 68 I think all of us here on this page feels the same way. Be honest and don't take any one.

I have met some good people on my car buying adventures.
Usually end up spending half a day just shooting the breeze about old Mopars.
And I do believe that, eventually, Karma will catch up to those that treat others dishonestly.

That really sucks SLO ! You want to trust people , but then you run into this. Sad!

Still cold, but weekend supposed to be in mid 40s.
-8F air temp, -24F windchill.
When I went out at noon today, the sun was out and very little wind, so -10F felt comfortable.
Crazy.
SLO's -40 on the dash this morning was extreme to say the least.
How 'bout your weather?

Still cold, but weekend supposed to be in mid 40s.
-8F air temp, -24F windchill.
When I went out at noon today, the sun was out and very little wind, so -10F felt comfortable.
Crazy.
SLO's -40 on the dash this morning was extreme to say the least.
How 'bout your weather?
We are about the same as you -10 right now and yes suppose to warm up on the weekend calling for rain on Saturday. It is crazy in Fargo !

I have met some good people on my car buying adventures.
Usually end up spending half a day just shooting the breeze about old Mopars.
And I do believe that, eventually, Karma will catch up to those that treat others dishonestly.
You bet 68 and would have a great time enjoying your company. If you ever get up to my State look me up good people are always welcome in my house.

We are about the same as you -10 right now and yes suppose to warm up on the weekend calling for rain on Saturday. It is crazy in Fargo !
Fargo always has better weather than here but not this year. Hang in there SLO and my boys.
-28*F here now but I be nice and toasty.
I sure hope you don't get real cold after a rain FOG.

-
Back