Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Hey Murray, do you have a good fix for this spot of drywall that keeps cracking. Kind of a bad spot where a rafter roof meets a truss roof.

9538399B-B157-4BCB-807A-50782B8BC0B1.jpeg

Are you putting tape behind it first before laying on the mud BP? That might cure it
It’s was taped originally and cracked. Fixed it with tape again and it cracked again. Taped again, tree falls on house, cracked again, just kinda foo fooed it last time. I’m thinking something flexible.
I think there is a lot of movement there. I hear creaking and cracking in that room. Especially in the morning when the sun hits it.

You need to figure out which way the movement is, horizontal or vertical. Then with out compromising your vapour barrier make a expansion joint, a place where the buildings can move. Because no amount of mud and tape is going to stop it from cracking again. Only thing you can do is make a nice crack that is decent looking where the buildings can move independently my opinion

It’s was taped originally and cracked. Fixed it with tape again and it cracked again. Taped again, tree falls on house, cracked again, just kinda foo fooed it last time. I’m thinking something flexible.
I think there is a lot of movement there. I hear creaking and cracking in that room. Especially in the morning when the sun hits it.
I think you'll hear that in any house. I know mine does that when it's cold out. You turn the furnace on and you'll hear it. Expansion and Contraction but it doesn't crack the drywall. You may have to cut that section of drywall out and see what's going on or you'll be fighting problem forever. Good luck with it.

Morning guys and Happy Saturday.
Don't think the temp will go over freezing today but a mixture of sun and cloud.
The stores are going nuts now. Except for food we don't go out much.
We just give the family money, it's a gift they never return and it's always the right gift and they can buy what they want.
Not going to be fighting the crowds buying gifts like we used to.
Have a wonderful day

Morning guys and Happy Saturday.
Don't think the temp will go over freezing today but a mixture of sun and cloud.
The stores are going nuts now. Except for food we don't go out much.
We just give the family money, it's a gift they never return and it's always the right gift and they can buy what they want.
Not going to be fighting the crowds buying gifts like we used to.
Have a wonderful day
Same here except blue sunny skies,
Like you we don't get out much, my family (two sons and two grandsons and one granddaughter) all agreed on everyone giving my older son cash to make a good down payment on my Granddaughters first car. Food will be served here, then a Texas holdem tournament, hanging out with the family will be blessing enough for me . Have a great day everyone

Same here except blue sunny skies,
Like you we don't get out much, my family (two sons and two grandsons and one granddaughter) all agreed on everyone giving my older son cash to make a good down payment on my Granddaughters first car. Food will be served here, then a Texas holdem tournament, hanging out with the family will be blessing enough for me . Have a great day everyone
What a unique idea. The Granddaughter will love that

Ya this is Canada it goes from 40 above to 40 below. 100 ft of concrete block wall will expand and contact over 3/4 of an inch. Hence the need for control joints. Straight vertical lines every 20’ in block walls the cracks in concrete sidewalks and roads. Frost is one of if not the most powerful things on the planet. If your driveway is close to your house by keeping the snow off it and driving on it you’ll push the frost even deeper. The ground around your house isn’t frozen because you heat it but 2 to 3 ft. away it is. And pushing in all directions trying to pop your foundation like a zit. Things are going to move there’s no stopping it all we can do is control it. IE. make it move where we want it to, not where it wants to

Ya this is Canada it goes from 40 above to 40 below. 100 ft of concrete block wall will expand and contact over 3/4 of an inch. Hence the need for control joints. Straight vertical lines every 20’ in block walls the cracks in concrete sidewalks and roads. Frost is one of if not the most powerful things on the planet. If your driveway is close to your house by keeping the snow off it and driving on it you’ll push the frost even deeper. The ground around your house isn’t frozen because you heat it but 2 to 3 ft. away it is. And pushing in all directions trying to pop your foundation like a zit. Things are going to move there’s no stopping it all we can do is control it. IE. make it move where we want it to, not where it wants to
3/4" that is amazing, who would have thought.
I know ice is very powerful when it starts to freeze and been told it can lift a building minutely

3/4" that is amazing, who would have thought.
I know ice is very powerful when it starts to freeze and been told it can lift a building minutely
Had some fairly large rocks in my yard, I mean 6’high 8’ long kind of rocks. Bigger than any machine around here could move. So I took my hammer drill an with a 2’ long bit I drilled a series of holes. Filled with water and pounded wood dowels in holes. Let it freeze worked amazingly well broke them up to sizes my Massey could handle with no TNT and the kaboom that goes with it.

Depending on the depth of frost a the amount of water in the ground it can move a lot you’ve never experienced frost boils in roadways

Good morning guys happy Saturday! That smoker looks amazing. Weather hear is cold and slightly snowing don’t think its going to amount to much but you never know.

Blue marble tree, indigo milk cap mushroom. I ain’t arguing man but those googled images look blue.

Just built some cranberry, jalapeño, cream cheese dip for a progressive dinner that some of my neighbors and we are hosting. The just of the party is that we share courses but at each other’s house. I’m hosting appetizers then we move to the next house for salad. Next is a light main meal then on to dessert. 4 houses. Really looking forward to it. I picked the first course cause I figure I’d be too drunk to pull of dessert.

Just built some cranberry, jalapeño, cream cheese dip for a progressive dinner that some of my neighbors and we are hosting. The just of the party is that we share courses but at each other’s house. I’m hosting appetizers then we move to the next house for salad. Next is a light main meal then on to dessert. 4 houses. Really looking forward to it. I picked the first course cause I figure I’d be too drunk to pull of dessert.
Is there a key bowl :poke::D

Never heard of that kind of dinner party before sounds like a hoot. I’m going to try and arrange one around here. Listening to what you said about dessert though think I’ll get everyone to chip in and hire a bus, would be much safer and cheaper than the alternative. Lol

Was everyone sleeping yesterday? First Time I haven't seen any comments or words or wisdom on here.
Well have a great Monday and the countdown is on.

-
Back