Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Morning guys just got home finally after spending 6 hours of being 20 miles from my stop with a broke down train.
Good to be home again and I'm tired so nap time.

Portland by the train station.

IMG_20221217_134448557_HDR.jpg
There's a bunch of tents and garbage along the sidewalk.

Portland by the train station.

View attachment 1716023943There's a bunch of tents and garbage along the sidewalk.
Ya in Winnipeg the homeless build tent towns under the bridges over the river. But I guess they like it that way or they would do something to change it. Lots of help out there. Salvation Army and others, government agencies, etc. but if you don’t want to work. Then

And after 3 1/2 days of meat processing it looks like a small nuclear explosion went off in my shop. So will be spending the day cleaning up and washing the tables and floor. But the years meat is in the freezer. Found a slicer for hundred bucks, for bacon it’s awesome used to use one of those cheap ones from cabelas, pain in the *** commercial one way gooder

EAB9E50E-8E7F-4387-A8EA-AFF577665687.jpeg

And after 3 1/2 days of meat processing it looks like a small nuclear explosion went off in my shop. So will be spending the day cleaning up and washing the tables and floor. But the years meat is in the freezer. Found a slicer for hundred bucks, for bacon it’s awesome used to use one of those cheap ones from cabelas, pain in the *** commercial one way gooder

View attachment 1716023974
Nice slicer and a great price.

Works great, pals dad had it from his convenience store days collecting dust in his garage used about 5 or 6 years. Bought from the same place as my grinder so parts won’t be a problem if I need them

Gotta get ready to get my teeth cleaned. Oh what fun.
Been putting that off since Covid. Need to get my *** back in the chair. I remember having an appointment for this and cancelling it during the height of the pandemic. That was a Thursday. The next day all of the dentist’s were shut down.

Spent a good chunk of the last 2 hours outside trying to get my work truck started, it's -19*f, windchill is -40*. The cord for the oil heater has been fubared since I started working here in August, and apparently a good while longer than that. I've been asking about getting it fixed since September, but it still hasn't been done. Feet are pretty much frozen now, thanks to the steel toed boots that I'm required to wear.
Finally got the boss to go and get some ether after 1 1/2 hours of ******* with it, and finally got the thing started, all it took was 2 good sniffs of ether. :realcrazy:
I took it to the shop about a month ago and had them check out the problem with the heater, still waiting to get it repaired.

Been putting that off since Covid. Need to get my *** back in the chair. I remember having an appointment for this and cancelling it during the height of the pandemic. That was a Thursday. The next day all of the dentist’s were shut down.
Yes it was stupid here they were forced to close so my cleaning was put off an additional 6 months After that we were required to wear a mask until we were in the chair getting cleaned then mask to leave the building.

Yes it was stupid here they were forced to close so my cleaning was put off an additional 6 months After that we were required to wear a mask until we were in the chair getting cleaned then mask to leave the building.
They don't call her gulag Gretchen for nothing

Spent a good chunk of the last 2 hours outside trying to get my work truck started, it's -19*f, windchill is -40*. The cord for the oil heater has been fubared since I started working here in August, and apparently a good while longer than that. I've been asking about getting it fixed since September, but it still hasn't been done. Feet are pretty much frozen now, thanks to the steel toed boots that I'm required to wear.
Finally got the boss to go and get some ether after 1 1/2 hours of ******* with it, and finally got the thing started, all it took was 2 good sniffs of ether. :realcrazy:
I took it to the shop about a month ago and had them check out the problem with the heater, still waiting to get it repaired.
I hate dealing with the "no one gives a ****" attitude when it comes to keeping the truck in good repair because it's the drivers *** that gets the ticket or jail time for hitting someone if the breaks go out.
On my soap box :soapbox:.

Ok on the Covid . You don’t have to quarantine now cause they say the majority of people are bacanated soooo is it still deadly to in bacansted people or was it a lie

Ok on the Covid . You don’t have to quarantine now cause they say the majority of people are bacanated soooo is it still deadly to in bacansted people or was it a lie
As far as I'm concerned vaccinated or not you can still get it, it's just being vaccinated it might not be as bad.
I still refuse the shot and after all the shots they have now it's hard to keep up.
Just me and my 2 cents.

Ya in Winnipeg the homeless build tent towns under the bridges over the river. But I guess they like it that way or they would do something to change it. Lots of help out there. Salvation Army and others, government agencies, etc. but if you don’t want to work. Then
I agree totally Murray. They live under bridges and they steal BBQ tanks and get a small heater for inside their tents or something that resembles a tent. The other day in Toronto they had a guy do that under a bridge and he set the housing and himself on fire. They said he had burns 80% of his body. I doubt he'll survive with that much damage.
There's lots of jobs out there if they'll just apply themselves. Will I help them? Absolutely not.
I'm sorry but I worked 46 years and paid off two mortgages all by myself as my wife didn't work and I've never held my hand out for anything. Have to start by getting off the drugs or alcohol or whatever you're on and make something of yourself.
Sorry for the rant guys but these people piss me off royally

-
Back