Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Helping a friend on his new house, we left his truck outside not plugged in for about 6-7 hours when he jumped in to fire it up at home time he hit the key and it told him to f… off. We had to text a friend to come rescue us. I was ribbing him about his cheby junk

Awwwww my heart bleeds for you :poke: it’s been hovering at -25 daytime highs and windchills of -38 for over a week now. Supposed to warm up to - single digits on weekend according to the bullshit artist on the tube but I’ll believe it when I see it.
Same here but like you said I'll wait and see.

Should make it to 48 or 49 degrees today, I think we might have gotten to 37 yesterday but the wind was pretty strong until late afternoon, didn't feel very warm. Next few days are forecast for the mid to high 40s.
:thumbsup:

Hi Guys... As the morning went on it got colder finally topped -27 and a -33 windchill at our house.
This afternoon it's -19 and -30 windchill.
It's nice and sunny though. Never even opened the door today.
See what tomorrow brings... throw an extra log on the fire and keep warm

:thumbsup:

18E1304E-FF07-456B-84EF-27E6BDFECBCA.png

The locking hubs seem to consist of two parts, held together with a spring

The "hat" part comes off just fine, but the lower part that slides into the hub seems to be stuck

I can't get too it with the hat on, and I don't want to just jank on the spring and risk ruining it
Ok so there’s a snap ring that holds the hub in then use one or 2 of the bolts that held the hub on and pull out the hunk of steel makes sense if your looking at it I think pictures and we can work through it .

Ok so there’s a snap ring that holds the hub in then use one or 2 of the bolts that held the hub on and pull out the hunk of steel makes sense if your looking at it I think pictures and we can work through it .
I thunk the previous year used snap rings, the luck outs I have are bolted on

When I replaced the stockers a few years ago I simply unscrewed them and pulled them right out

I dont know if the aftermarket ones I have in there are a different design or what, but when I used the same approach to try to get these out the hud halfway comes apart

Iether way, she's going to a shop first thing Monday morning

It's supposed to be in the teens over the weekend and I just don't want to deal with it

I thunk the previous year used snap rings, the luck outs I have are bolted on

When I replaced the stockers a few years ago I simply unscrewed them and pulled them right out

I dont know if the aftermarket ones I have in there are a different design or what, but when I used the same approach to try to get these out the hud halfway comes apart

Iether way, she's going to a shop first thing Monday morning

It's supposed to be in the teens over the weekend and I just don't want to deal with it
les Schwab quoted me 900 bucks for brakes on the rav4. They dont mess around. New calipers that it did not need.

Last edited:
Inside brake wear is a symptom of a hanging caliper regardless of the operation of the the sliding mechanism. Master cylinder can do that too. Hope you fare well.

les Schwab quoted me 900 bucks for brakes on the rav4. They dont mess around. New calipers that it did not need.
And I'm still in the diagnostic part of it
On a side note, if I can get the lock outs out, could I drive the truck with them off for diagnostic purposes?

Last time I did brakes I intended to only do pads, but when I pulled the pads off half the caliper pistons fell apart in my hand, yeah I ended up putting new calipers on that day...but it wasn't 12 degrees out that day

On a side note, if I can get the lock outs out, could I drive the truck with them off for diagnostic purposes?

Last time I did brakes I intended to only do pads, but when I pulled the pads off half the caliper pistons fell apart in my hand, yeah I ended up putting new calipers on that day...but it wasn't 12 degrees out that day
Ya weather

Ya weather sucks. I did some crazy stuff in the mud and muck when I was younger. Not gonna do it now. I understand. Just be prepared to pay out of the nose.

Morning guys and Happy Saturday.
-27c and -34c windchill at 5 am this morning, coldest day this winter.
Wednesday is supposed to be 7... go figure.
Have a great weekend and keep warm

You want flies with that?
:rofl: :rofl:
Morning guys and Happy Saturday.
-27c and -34c windchill at 5 am this morning, coldest day this winter.
Wednesday is supposed to be 7... go figure.
Have a great weekend and keep warm
Today will be the first warm sunny day here in a week, been iced in on the hill, getting the wife out so she doesn't turn on me :lol: cabin fever is real !! Thats 1 inch of solid ice going down my driveway, today I get released

20230201_113007.jpg

Went to my appointment to get taxes done and she said the computers were down. She had me leave my stuff and she will call when its done. Good morning

-
Back