Late 70s, early 80s "must haves"

-
Long hair...
FABO.jpg

Sounds like a cool build. Late 70's Hmm. I had traction bars, gold Moroso V-covers and air cleaner, Pioneer super tuner with a under dash power booster and some 6x9's in the deck. A Cal custom tach on the steering column.

They have to be period correct Jensen Triaxials.

They have to be period correct Jensen Triaxials.
Man I hadn't heard those words in such a long time (Jensen Triaxials), I forgot that they even existed!! Oh, and the long hair (in another post) is a must!!
I'd have traction bars if they wouldn't "slap" the underside of the car when I was cruising!!:steering:

treblig

big whip antenna with either a flag or a raccoon tail on it, mud flaps, Cragar SS's or Keystone Klassics

TIGER Tail in the tank!!! Who remembers that???

s-l1600.jpg

This one is on sale for $129.00 on ebay!!!!! If I remember correctly, they used to be FREE with a fill up!!!

treblig

I'm more from the early 80s era(kinda the same stuff)...Slam the front end/*** in the air....fat M/Ts on Cragars or Ansens, and yes on the decals..8-Ball shifter knob!..for music it had to be iron maiden, priest, van halen...man we wore that s**t out..

I still have the bigfoot pedal somewhere,and the little one for the dimmer. Definetly going in the 65. Would love a set of keystone classics and N50-14's. 70's and 60's on the front.for now i got a set of 14" ford 5 spokes with trim rings.

Still remember the day i first walked into the car audio shop and my brothers buddy made a deal on a pair of jensen's.

Dont forget the C.B.radio.
Yosemite Sam floor mats
Wood grain window cranks and lock buttons.

Last edited:
Did any of you forget the all important "Kiss Army" reflective sticker?
How about the - remove the spare tire and put a keg of Bud in its place and fill full of ice. Run the tap and the pump around the back seat into the back seat. ( I loved doing that)
If you go more 80's then the "KRACO" 8 track to cassette adapter.
The electric FM antenna booster.
Yellow "fog" lights mounted on top of the front bumper with the light up red toggle switch.
the steering wheel wrap with a million holes and that cheap plastic lace you rapped around the whole thing to secure it.
Driving gloves! Not just any ones but the tight leather with the backs of open.
okay I'm done. Been there and lived it once already.

Feather roach clips hanging from the mirror, house stereo speakers on the back seat, a flexi upper radiator hose, a cheap Pep Boys set of triple guages screwed to the bottom edge of the dash,Yellow accel plug wires, chrome throttle return spring bracket, chrome wire looms for yellow wires, chrome oil cap....

Man, what about baby moons, dice door lock knobs, graphic equalizer, door mounted speakers, 10-4 good buddy, wolfman Jack sideburns, don't get me started on tube tops, hip huggers and hot pants. Those package tray mounted speakers would hinge up to allow access to the trunk and the vent door could hide a 6 pack. Oops did I say that?

rattle can engine paint,,and engine bay,,,spectre nylon braided hose covers,,A/C removed to gain all that extra hp, kraco dashmaster with the rats nest of cobbled wiring hanging down from under the dash, hood pins, chrome differential cover,

80's Pyramid cassette with '300W' EQ that was the size of a pack of smokes (?) hanging under the dash and $25 6x9's in the back cranking Halens "Hot for Teacher", no headliner for better acoustics (yeah right) ,triple guages with the dripping oil pressure line. Hi-jackers and 4" shackles, Pos-A-Traction plastic tires that you could light up from 3rd gear, 2 different sized front tires (!) black primer paint, stamped chrome 5 hole rims in the back with a slight patina on them, Yellow AND Blue Mallory wires with the chrome spreaders, truck muffs off the header and nothing else. Heck, a current registration sticker you peeled off someone elses car, no spare..no front seatbelts...Cheapskin seat covers.."The Tree" air freshener off the mirror (Wild Cherry) and a bunch of Del Taco trash in the back seat plus a rust hole in the back floorboard that you could dump a beer. Ouch, that was all me!

-
Back