Lauch limiter and shift light options?

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
ok so i have a 68 dart that i want to start racing...

im gonna be using the MP 7al-2 (have it) only has single stage limiter (top end)... will switch to 6al once this one goes out

i would like a limiter for the line and also a shift light...

what would you recomend to do what i need?

one rpm activated switch for the light and just use an LED from the elect store and then what for the line limiter??

thx

if u r going to use a msd 6al...just get a two step or three step..to plug into the msd..

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MSD-8963/

bought of one these for our 71 Dart....very nice...not cheap...

if u r going to use a msd 6al...just get a two step or three step..to plug into the msd..

that little light is expensive! but it might be cheaper than getting a rpm switch and a light...

and the separate 2 step things seems to always have a computer plug... are they also set up with wires? or what? never had/seen one up close...

the msd shift light uses the output from the msd 6/7 tach....

i just spliced the wire.....from the msd to the tach..

it is programable...you have different rpm for each gear....allows for up to 4 separate rpms..

I bought one of these. Has a limiter for the water box(line lock) one for the line (transbrake) and overall revlimiter. only uses one chip(rev limiter) the waterbox and launch use dials to set limit. It uses the tach lite

MSD 8735 Launch Control Module Selector
Jeg#121-8735

I didn't have a transbrake at the time so didn't use that feature. I did like that the burn out was basically the same everytime.

I bought one of these. Has a limiter for the water box(line lock) one for the line (transbrake) and overall revlimiter. only uses one chip(rev limiter) the waterbox and launch use dials to set limit. It uses the tach lite

MSD 8735 Launch Control Module Selector
Jeg#121-8735

I didn't have a transbrake at the time so didn't use that feature. I did like that the burn out was basically the same everytime.
cool i like that...

just bought a matching tach for my gauge 3 3/4" mini monster cobalt with external shift light

I just reread my post. I told you wrong. It uses 2 chips. 1 top end limiter and 1 for linelock. The dials are for launch. Gives you the chance to adjust the launch RPM's for ever changing track conditions. I can't use one in NSS but if could I would get another one

-
Back