Laysons Emblems

-
Never buy from Laysons unless you do it in person at a car show. It is the only way I can deal with them and know I will get what I am paying for. Have heard to much from people that are not satisified with their quality. :protest:

I thought this was common knowledge!

Man to think of the money that is not only lost in future sales by Laysons, thru just poor service, but Rick has to follow the trail of **** around and clean it up as well!! I was in the Laysons tent at Moparfest and if the owner is the scrawny dark haired guy with the glasses(taking the money of course)...he needs to hone his personality as well as his customer service.
Time for Classic Industries to make an appearance at Moparfest

I've had a couple of great dealings with Rick. His communication was stellar & parts were beautiful...:D

Don't blame Rick for a decision that his Boss made.

Kinda silly of a biz owner to piss someone off over $20, but maybe there's more to the story :scratch:

I've had a couple of great dealings with Rick. His communication was stellar & parts were beautiful...:D

Don't blame Rick for a decision that his Boss made.

Kinda silly of a biz owner to piss someone off over $20, but maybe there's more to the story :scratch:

C Im not blaming Rick, I was just pointing out how much $$ the owner is wasting and losing with Rick having to clean up the owners mess all too often. I have no problem with Rick.

Ditto,
Rick is a good guy and all my interactions with him have been good with no complaints whatsoever. He's also very knowledgeable and has provided technical information that didn't involve sales.

I can't help but think these posts aren't monitored and shoulders are shrugged as MOST business owners don't take constructive criticism well from their employees and it's generally not conducive to financial longevity telling your boss or the company owner they are idiot's.

I too will continue to work with Rick, but Rick only.

Rick from Laysons answered my PM and assured me my parts will be shipped as soon as the manufacture fills the order. I understand parts for a 40 yearold car can be hard to come by,so I will wait and will continue doing business with Layson's.

They seldom seem to have parts in stock,,

I waited 18 mo.s for a shifter boot, that I received from a competitor in a week,, and their shipping fees are absurd..

Isn't Rick's last name Layson?

Ok, WTF is the red stuff? Is this vacuum deposition plated red plastic? That would explain a "bad mold" chip being at least vacuum deposition plated silver (thin plate over rough surface = looks like casting). Glad Rick is taking the reigns, $20 is beer money out of the office supply funds....

I have only purchased a cou[ple things from Laysons...both items i got i was in contact with Rick directly. Both items are great,shipping was fine. Maybe i got luck or communicating with Rick was a blessing in disgize. JM2CW

Man to think of the money that is not only lost in future sales by Laysons, thru just poor service, but Rick has to follow the trail of **** around and clean it up as well!! I was in the Laysons tent at Moparfest and if the owner is the scrawny dark haired guy with the glasses(taking the money of course)...he needs to hone his personality as well as his customer service.
Time for Classic Industries to make an appearance at Moparfest

I contacted Classic Industries and they don't travel to shows.

I've had a couple of great dealings with Rick. His communication was stellar & parts were beautiful...:D Don't blame Rick for a decision that his Boss made. Kinda silly of a biz owner to piss someone off over $20, but maybe there's more to the story :scratch:
Just let me get things straight ,I spoke with Rick on this issue and he was on top of things and very helpful , could not ask for a nicer person to speak and deal with . When I called back about the part and spoke with Rick and told him the issue with it . Rick said he could not do anything about it until the company owner came back the next day . When I called back the next day , I dialed Ricks extention and spoke with him , he placed me on hold and spoke with Dave , I am assuming that is the owner , when Rick came back on the line I was told That I could get my money back but would lose my shipping costs both ways . I could tell in Ricks voice that he was sorry to have to tell me this , so it,s the owners take on this . Hope this helps , Rick a great person to deal with but we all have bosses we have to listen to.. Thanks John

Jesus Christ! How hard up is a company that sends a customer an obviously chipped piece, takes zero responsibilty, and can't pony up to send a new one?

To whom it my concern,

I am posting this on Daves behalf as he has asked me to do so...

Our posting of this part reads as follows :

“Signet front "V" grill emblem #2579 902. Backside edge has a tooling defect but not visible when installed - this defect is aprox. 1" long and is based on the best representation we could find to tool from. Pricing reflects this tooling defect - see picture if you can even tell”

Picture of the part #MR-66VFGVE can be found on our website. Ricki I believe we explained this to the customer upon his call into us complaining about the emblem. Even so we offered to take it back without any restock fee. He continues to gripe here on the FABO sight but not call us back to say if we would pay for shipping. Never had that option nor heard from him he wished for return shipping as well. If he is so wanting to return this part - we will refund return shipping as well on this as long as it is returned postal first class. Discussions like this need to occur first before going to posting such comments as we were lucky to catch this one or we would never had known there was a continued problem.

Dave Layson
Layson's Restorations

To whom it my concern,

I am posting this on Daves behalf as he has asked me to do so...

Our posting of this part reads as follows :

“Signet front "V" grill emblem #2579 902. Backside edge has a tooling defect but not visible when installed - this defect is aprox. 1" long and is based on the best representation we could find to tool from. Pricing reflects this tooling defect - see picture if you can even tell”

Dave Layson
Layson's Restorations

So Laysons is doing the tooling?? Or did you find the piece for the offshore company to tool from??
Im not in the MFG biz, but to me if you are going to spend $$ on tooling up you think you would find an intact part to use??
Sorry if I misinterpreted what you typed....

So Laysons is doing the tooling?? Or did you find the piece for the offshore company to tool from??
Im not in the MFG biz, but to me if you are going to spend $$ on tooling up you think you would find an intact part to use??
Sorry if I misinterpreted what you typed....
Or how about this: Fix the tooling so you don't produce crap parts? I'm sure it wouln't be all that difficult.

-
Back