Layson's statement release

-
Since another member is posting on another area wondering where ELSE he can get floorpans for his early A, I would have to assume that he considered their price FAIR. Market determines FAIRness, and if they is so cheap to make, make them.

Grant

Anybody want to buy a 66 Valiant 2 door post? I have alreay bought the "illegal" tail light lenses for it.

Hang on to those tail lights....might become as valuable as some KH recall wheels :lol:

It's interesting how our opinions have changed since the news hit...from good to not so good. The only reason that anyone of us is saying anything bad about laysons is because of customer service and lies. I will agree that there is already legal action that can be taken by those that have been hosed, but I'm not going to give MY money to a worse crook (lawer) than Dave just to get my $*** back. I've learned my lesson and moved on. We are all starting to see it for what it really is...bad for the hobby......I'm just waiting for someone to start re popping the 73-76 duster tail light bezels.... :(

Karma. What goes around comes around. I hear more bad than good come out of Layson's. Unfortunately, Rick and Jaycee and the many customers that complain are stuck in the middle.

The one truth is that if Chrysler didn't have any legal recourse against Layson, then this would never have happened.

Let's let the lawyers sort this one out.

Layson's statement seems to make alot of sense.

This really sucks for the hobby and Laysons given the statements about Chrysler's agressive stance is true, which I'll bet Layson's is right on because Chrysler and Mercedes both have serious attitudes about their copyrights and legal ownership of their royalties.
They are in it for money and that's all so don't for a minute, think Chrysler will ever give a rats azz again about the car hobbyists.

Too bad we did not have any connections to the Cuban's, those guys can fab up just about anything for vehicles.

Since another member is posting on another area wondering where ELSE he can get floorpans for his early A, I would have to assume that he considered their price FAIR. Market determines FAIRness, and if they is so cheap to make, make them.

Grant

That member would be me! LOL
Actually Layson did have a "fair" price on these pans but I was concerned about actual delivery and then one of his employees here assured me I would get them. I *wish* I had ordered them but a bike wreck sidelined that.

BTW a fair prcie is subjective. A fair price is when both parties are happy with value recieved for exchange given.

The one truth is that if Chrysler didn't have any legal recourse against Layson, then this would never have happened.

Let's let the lawyers sort this one out.

Dont be so sure about that. The name of the game here may be intimidation.

Not just for Layson but anyone else who dare compete with the might Mopar name.

Trust me...

Ma MOPAR had this case studied....analyzed....and verifed it would win before they made the first call.

This isn't a small guy telling another small guy to "quit copying my school work."

This case was won before the first arrest. there has probably been 10 to 15 meetings about this before a word to authorities went out.

Layson doesn't have a chance against the Chrysler money.

DBG

Trust me...

Ma MOPAR had this case studied....analyzed....and verifed it would win before they made the first call.

This isn't a small guy telling another small guy to "quit copying my school work."

This case was won before the first arrest. there has probably been 10 to 15 meetings about this before a word to authorities went out.

Layson doesn't have a chance against the Chrysler money.

DBG

Not to get off topic but....!!!!! HOLY **** IT'S YOU!!!:prayer: Chuck Lamb!!! That is so cool that you are a Mopar guy!!! :cheers:

There are 3 possible scenarios:

1) Tax fraud - guilty
2) Selling replacement parts without branding - not guilty
3) Selling replacement parts with branding
Reselling officially licensed branded parts - not guilty
Reselling non-officially licensed branded parts - guilty

Official Layson's statement is that ALL branded parts were officially licensed and simply being resold. If true, then he got screwed.

He may not be guilty, but what else was he going to say in his release?

"Sure. I did it. Fork them, and the horse they rode in on!"

Yeah...that would happen

360scamp.......LOL.......

I was at the 2006 Oscars and played dead at Joan River's feet right on TV when she went to interview me LIVE!!!!

Bwahahahahahahaha.... That one got some publicity!!!! Check out the TMZ piece on my homepage.....Funny Stuff...

You can see me on STARZ! Comedy on my "video" page. It's a big download, but funny. I was guest host for the day on STARZ!

Even though I think you were kidding me, I got to write this little promo.

LOL

BUDS!!!
Chuck

Dont be so sure about that. The name of the game here may be intimidation.

Not just for Layson but anyone else who dare compete with the might Mopar name.

Chrysler has gone as far pursuing legal action and the authorities are arresting people. This is well beyond intimidation. It could've happened to anyone, right? But it didn't happen to anyone. It happened to be Layson's. I wonder why?

I tossed around the idea of sharing this experience with Chrysler for hours ..I feel i need you guys to see this so that, while i have no love for Laysons business practices , Chrysler really is the bad guy these days.

The back story.....

I purchased a new Jeep Patriot in October of 2008.

This is the thread that was started based on a problem that i was a part of ..my name on this forum is 08slvrpat..

http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3208

the most important reply on that thread from me is

"After two hours of arguing with people who's English was their second language , i was able to speak with Tom , a manager type from the Chrysler office who informed me that most and soon all of customer service is and will be outsourced. also that Chrysler is no longer backing loaner cars , its up to dealerships to provide if they want and most do not because of cost, they will not pay for my rental because they are not contractually obligated and i should not expect anything other then the transmission to be fixed in a timely manner (2 weeks).

he explained to me that Chrysler's entire company is transitioning to all outsourced parts including the ones i need and thats why they will take so long to arrive (also why they are crap) Tom said his job is probably next and he wishes he could help me but the bottom line is im **** out of luck because the corporation are basically honoring word for word only what they are obligated to pay for and nothing more ..he said if i did not want to buy a vehicle from Chrysler again he is pretty sure it dosnt matter to the people running the company. Its a new day ...cut your losses and run."

So as you can see, Chrysler as we know it in my opinion is dead.

360scamp.......LOL.......

I was at the 2006 Oscars and played dead at Joan River's feet right on TV when she went to interview me LIVE!!!!

Bwahahahahahahaha.... That one got some publicity!!!! Check out the TMZ piece on my homepage.....Funny Stuff...

You can see me on STARZ! Comedy on my "video" page. It's a big download, but funny. I was guest host for the day on STARZ!

Even though I think you were kidding me, I got to write this little promo.

LOL

BUDS!!!
Chuck

Not kidding at all. I found you from doing a search on youtube for Vincent Price (my girlfriend loves Vincent Price) and I found a quick interview with you talking about him.

I had breakfast with Vincent Price once. Got his autograph too:thumblef:

Chrysler's stance on this matter only serves to reinforce (in my feeble mind) that we, as a culture, are being pushed toward regarding everything as we would a toaster. When it stops working properly, we're supposed to go out and buy a new one. I'd have an easier time justifying this if anything were truly domestically produced. Chinese toasters are loaded with carefully engineered failure and a very predictable service life. It's easier to forecast consumer demand under such a business model.

That being said, I hope Layson's comes out okay on this. Their getting stomped could set a precedent that would complicate continued operation of my Frankencars.

I sure wish Chrysler put this much effort into building their cars. Where was all this concern for their reliability when they were building K cars?

I dont think they have to worry about Laysons products. I mean, after all, are you going to blame Chrysler if your lens isnt exactly the same as the factory part? I dont think so.

Once again I ask, who is going to supply these parts of Laysons or some other company is out of business because of Chrysler? Is Mopar going to step up and start making these parts? Nope. They are just screwing the guys who restore them.

Buy a foreign car and let Chrysler die in their own greed!!!!!

What has happened to Chrysler is what has happened to a number of corporations...now run by "bean counters" and not by "car people." As I recall, ol' Walt was an engineer and produced some very innovative vehicles back in the day. Once he was gone and the company became huge and taken over by bean counters, quality and market adaptability suffered.

I saw the same thing first-hand at Grumman Aerospace. It was once an agile, technologically innovative company, but was taken over by the bankers after Leroy Grumman retired in the early 1970s.

A sad fate for too many US coroprations.

I've bought through Rick even after the negative comments about Layson's...no problems, got what I ordered when I was promised. GM did the same thing at a show in Ohio about 4 or 5 years ago, went in and arrested everybody on the property with a vinyl cutter..confiscated trucks, trailers, equipment, etc....for cutting vinyl decals that said Chevy or Camaro etc...
I don't see how Chrysler got this small town DA to go along with them after what appears to be a one or two day "investigation", on what should have started as a civil complaint.....copyright infringment, from personal experience, is a civil matter.....to alledge a "corrupt organization" takes years of investigation in most instances and requires hard evidence, not two pieces randomly purchased by someone who thinks NOS is "nitrous oxide system".
I don't see where Chrysler can have anyone arrested for "tax evasion", that's the Government territory, how did this DA verify the facts in this case.....
The guys probably gonna run for Governor....I wonder who might contribute to his campaign???
I wish Laysons, including Dave, good luck with his fight for the sake of jobs in America and the good people who fill them, and the hobby.

Dave

For those who think this case was done before the first arrest was made, remember the Duke Lacrosse case and the many other like it.

Police and prosecutors consistently overstep their bounds.

Our system was setup with presumed innocent until PROVEN guilty for this very reason.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

360Scamp:

Thanks bro...... That's means a lot to me. I did that interview for the same lady that did the "tribute video" of me with the song by L7 playing in the background "When we pretend that we're dead"..hahahahaha

BUDS!!!
Chuck

-
Back